Talk

Advanced search

Bahamas?

(6 Posts)
decena Mon 22-Jan-18 19:04:39

Hi, anyone been to the Bahamas? We are family of 4 with kids 12 and 16, all love water stuff. We are thinking about Atlantis, just for a few days for the waterpark and aquarium ( we aren't interested in swimming with dolphins, snuba etc) Oldest DD and me also will do a shark dive thro Stuart's Cove.
Is there much else to see around about that makes it worthwhile keeping Atlantis as our base (its v expensive)?
We then want to move on to a further one or 2 islands. Any suggestions?
We are very active and get bored sitting about a pool so will hire a car. We love wildlife, beaches, some culture, anything really! Also do some diving.
We've already visited the likes of Mexico, Grenada, Jamaica etc.

OP’s posts: |
PoptartPoptart Wed 24-Jan-18 19:05:38

I was bitterly disappointed with the Bahamas if I’m honest, and the Atlantis hotel even more so. Hugely overpriced and it wasn’t the amazing luxury that I’d expected.
The whole place just seemed a bit run down and soulless

LuluBellaBlue Wed 30-May-18 17:11:28

Thought I’d bump this as just booked flights to the Bahamas for Dec 18 and looking for advice smile

faketanmylegs Wed 30-May-18 19:12:54

I've been several times. Nassau is not my kind of place, built up and busy but the out islands are glorious.
TripAdvisor has a very active out Island forum, it's definitely worth a look.

LuluBellaBlue Thu 31-May-18 19:59:22

Thanks FakeTanny smile

Hmmisthatit Thu 31-May-18 21:36:43

Been to Grand Bahamas and hired a beach buggy and blagged the island for 2,days. Totally awesome, but not a 2 week stay.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in