Talk

Advanced search

Vietnam in late March / early April - Where?

(5 Posts)
SlightlyJaded Thu 28-Dec-17 15:44:00

Me, DH and two DC (10 and 12)

As it's the DC first holiday outside Europe, I would like to blow them away with a stunning beach - they are both big fans of hot sun and beach (Mediterranean skin)

And definitely want to see something of Vietnam/Culture/nature as well but happy to travel for that.

So what I think I am looking for is suggestions for gorgeous beach resort that we can make our base to travel out from. And ideally somewhere that will be ok that time of year. Any ideas wise MN?

OP’s posts: |
SheriffCallie Fri 29-Dec-17 14:56:10

I came on to post but realised I can't really answer your question as we didn't do a beach holiday when in Vietnam (it was a pre-kids backpacking one). Loads of people we met had spent time in Nha Trang and said it was lovely though. And I think Da Nang is another beach spot. Hanoi is a beautiful city so it would be worth a trip north, and from there you can take a junk boat trip to Halong Bay (which is amazing). Hoi An is another place worth a stop. We travelled through Vietnam by train and it was all v clean and efficient.
I'm jealous, it's been my favourite trip and I'd love to go back.

ShanghaiDiva Sat 30-Dec-17 09:12:04

Agree with pp beaches in nha trang and danang are popular and you could look at Phu quoc (sp.?) island. Hoi an is a gorgeous town and there is a beach near there - an bang, nice but not spectacular.
In the summer, the middle area of Vietnam is dry - Hoi an area, but Hanoi and ha long bay can be wet, although have been there in July and just had one rainy day.
If you choose Hoi an as your base, you can easily travel to me son to see the ruins and the ancient capital of hue is about 3 hours drive from there.
For stunning scenery/ nature head to Sapa in the north, but it will be too wet in July/August.

ShanghaiDiva Sat 30-Dec-17 09:15:36

Oops - totally missed the part about late March/early april! Have been to Hoi an in april and weather was lovely.
I use the selective Asia website for weather info as it shows where is good weatherwise in each month.

SlightlyJaded Sun 31-Dec-17 22:20:20

Thanks shanghaiDiva - will look at the site you suggested. I did wonder about Phu Quoc as the beaches look beautiful but not sure how easy it is to then get off the island and get to places like Hoi An...?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in