Talk

Advanced search

Height limits Universal Islands of Adventure, Hulk

(7 Posts)
Justtrying Sat 16-Dec-17 18:28:10

Hi, looking to do Florida either 2018 or 2019 with Dd.

She will be tall enough for Disney and most rides at Universal but looking on the ride info it seems the Hulk is 54 inches.

We took a small family member 10 years ago at a similar age and he rode the Hulk.

My question is to recent visitors has the height limit been raised and is it being applied?

OP’s posts: |
GandolfBold Sat 16-Dec-17 18:43:16

We went to Florida last year for Christmas.

I think that the Hulk was closed for a time, remodelled and reopened. DS and I rode it last year, but DS2 couldn't ride. They are really strict about the whole thing; not just height but taking absolutely everything out of your pockets. You have to go through a metal detector and if they find anything you have to go back and put it all in a locker.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 17-Dec-17 09:44:04

They are strict about the height requirement and will not let her ride if she is not tall enough.

www.universalorlando.co.uk/Theme_Park_Information/height-requirements.aspx gives current information.

Aragog Sat 23-Dec-17 17:30:48

In my experience height limits at Disney and Universal are strictly adhered too. Children who are borderline are usually checked in my experience - you see it a lot - and yes, they do turn people away even after a lengthy queue.

budgiegirl Tue 26-Dec-17 03:29:46

They will definitely apply the height limit, they are very strict about it.

To my knowledge, they haven’t increased the height limit. We went in 2008, and I’m fairly sure the height limit was 54” then.

Aragog Tue 26-Dec-17 09:30:12

Yes Hulk has always had one of the highest height restrictions.

dontcallmethatyoucunt Tue 26-Dec-17 19:35:06

When we planned a trip I used DD 'red book' to check her expected height. It helped plan.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in