Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone been to Dubai in March?

(15 Posts)
ALS17081982 Mon 11-Dec-17 19:35:17

Hello,

We are looking for a sunny holiday in March, somewhere we can swim and sunbathe.

I’m pregnant so we can’t go to the Caribbean (zika) and it’s wet season in the Indian Ocean.

Has anyone been to Dubai in March? Was it hot enough to sunbathe?

Thanks

PasstheStarmix Mon 11-Dec-17 19:37:54

I've been in January and it was hot then! March will be fine. Dubai gets so unbearably hot most people don't visit in height of summer as have to spend most of day indoors.

BubblesBuddy Mon 11-Dec-17 22:48:31

Check your travel Insurance before you go to see if you are covered. March is fine for Dubai.

spinduffy Tue 12-Dec-17 08:37:48

I’ve been in March and it was high 20s. Less of a breeze than Dec/ jan time. Very beatable and lovely. Enjoy

SandLand Tue 12-Dec-17 08:46:45

March should be lovely. The water temperature might be a bit cool for the locals, but coming from the UK it should feel lovely.
It's 20C today just north of Dubai. I've seen thick jackets and wolly hats being worn. I'm still in linen trousers and s teeshirt!

SJane45S Tue 12-Dec-17 09:56:23

Absolutely SandLand! We used to wear jumpers and cardies at DC in 20+ degrees - funny looking back! March will be fine, hot but not horrible summer hot

welshweasel Tue 12-Dec-17 09:59:05

I went in February and it was hot! It’s a fab place and the medical facilities are great, just check your insurance covers both you and potentially a premature baby (depending on how pregnant you will be!). I went when pregnant and had a great time (although camping in the desert was probably ill advised!!)

ihearttc Tue 12-Dec-17 18:17:38

We went Easter this year (so end of March) and it was around 37 degrees most days!

swimster01 Thu 14-Dec-17 07:58:30

Not sure it is wet season n the Indian Ocean in March?? Perfect time to go the Maldives

InTheRoseGarden Thu 14-Dec-17 09:11:51

Yes - great time to go!

ALS17081982 Thu 14-Dec-17 09:53:32

Dubai it is!!!!

Maldives unfortunately not an option due to zika, but looking forward to Dubai now!

zolaaa Sat 16-Dec-17 15:33:08

We went this March (mid month) and sorry to say that 5 days out of 7 were not great. Warm but cloudy and rain on (i think) 3 of the days. This is unusual though apparently so hopefully was a one off!

SandLand Sat 16-Dec-17 15:42:56

We did get some late rain this year. And the temperatures didn't pick up til later than normal.
But I suspect it rains less than a dozen days a year. Maybe only half a dozen.

Just to put it in perspective, DS2 is wearing shorts, and I'm in a teeshirt today. People were sunbathing at the pool today (think i was the last one swimming 2 weeks ago in an unheated pool tho) Our A.C. still kicks in to keep the house below 25C. March will be warmer.

zolaaa Sat 16-Dec-17 15:53:53

Sandland - is there any truth that they were "seeding clouds" to create rain?

SandLand Sat 16-Dec-17 16:16:02

They have been attempting to encourage potential clouds to drop rain for a couple of years. So uf therd are clouds (rare) they seed to try and make the rain fall over the land rather than the sea.
I'm a bit further north. March was unseasonably cold. The unreasonable rain could have been encouraged by the authorities. To put rain in perspective, I think we've had one day of threatened rain since Feb (when we got a deluge) or maybe March. They are desperare for rain atm.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: