Talk

Advanced search

Booking Disney Land

(10 Posts)
Mytribeof3 Wed 06-Dec-17 13:11:03

Hi. Just wondered if anyone here has any advice / recommendations for booking a trip to Disney Land? We are considering it for next Easter or summer but worried we may have missed the boat with deals etc?

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Wed 06-Dec-17 13:14:58

Which park? France? California? Tokyo? Shanghai?

Mytribeof3 Wed 06-Dec-17 13:19:04

Sorry, I meant that place in Florida.

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Wed 06-Dec-17 21:17:05

Were you planning on staying on site at Disney or using a Villa/Hotel etc?

If you book 8 months to a year in advance staying on site you can get free or discounted dining plan plus cashback in the form of Disney dollars. You could probably still do this for summer.

Mytribeof3 Thu 07-Dec-17 10:00:39

Thanks you, that's good to know. I think we would try to stay onsite as probably easier with 3 children.

ReinettePompadour Thu 07-Dec-17 10:20:54

Book direct with Disneyworld via their website if youre planning on staying at one of their resorts in Florida. You should still be able to pick up some deals for next year.

Avoid summer holidays (july-august) unless you love the heat (high 30s daily) and crowds.

Book the magical express to transfer you to and from the airport.

How old are your children? The younger children like the cheaper hotels. Theyre typically 'Disneyfied' while the more expensive resorts are more sophisticated.

Get a dining package. You get a wristband that gives you food and drinks across all the parks and hotels. We had the full dining plan but found there was too much food and because it was full restaurant service meals cost us hundreds in tips. Go for the quick dining plan instead. The foods the same as the sit down restaurants just not restaurant table service so a bit like a buffet but you serve yourself and you dont pay tips. We had a lovely sit down meal at animal kingdom. They printed the bill out ($300) and they recommended you pay a tip of 25% and they printed the suggested amount on the bottom. ($75 in this instance). DH nearly fell off his chair especially given the service was average at best. We only used the quick service from then on. ($75) every day would have cost us almost £900 over our trip.

Dailystuck71 Fri 08-Dec-17 19:37:28

You’ve just missed free dining, gift card and memory maker.

I’d wait and the deal will come out again in April next year.

I wouldn’t do Easter. It’s hell and the busiest time to go.

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Fri 08-Dec-17 22:10:17

Conversely if you get one of the better dining packages you can double up the points to use on Character dining experiences etc which can be very very expensive.

If you use the dining plan wisely it isn't a waste.

PoptartPoptart Sat 09-Dec-17 19:42:54

The dining plans are fantastic value. If you book at the right time you can get the basic plan free. I would advise you to then upgrade to the regular plan, it’s something like £13 per person per day. It is such good value for money. You can eat at really good restaurants, including character meals, plus you get free snacks, including drinks, which would usually cost a fortune.
We did this last summer and kept all our receipts and worked out what the food would have cost us - we literally saved over a thousand pounds with the plan.

Mytribeof3 Tue 12-Dec-17 17:42:02

Some great tips there, thanks everyone's

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now