Talk

Advanced search

Koh Samui

(9 Posts)
goldangel Wed 29-Nov-17 19:28:37

Hi
Looking to go to Koh Samui next August, please can anyone recommend a nice villa/resort in Koh Samui, walking distance to shops, restaurants etc? Suitable for family of 4, DC will be 12 & 9. Quite interested in the Fishermans village area.

Thanks

Rainydays200 Sun 03-Dec-17 07:55:24

Watching with interest. We've booked the Amari on Chewang beach.

DaisyLand Sun 03-Dec-17 08:20:39

ChAweng beach is a popular area and has got the main city nearby.
I stayed however for my honeymoon in chaweng noi which is just below beach and it’s smaller. We stayed in new Star resort and can’t recommend it enough we loved it. They had shuttles in the during the day to go to beach so we used them one evening to go to beach for food and another one , on Friday , to go to fisherman’s market which is a popular market which I loved , specially the bars and so in that area. I read the most popular day for the market was Friday so not sure whether the rest of the days there is anything to do or not. Not sure children are allowed but if you can go to coco tam. I loved it
www.facebook.com/CoCoTams/
You could stay up north of the Island but the beaches are worse than in both chaweng.

I’m jealous !

DaisyLand Sun 03-Dec-17 08:22:02

@Rainydays200 I think I also looked at amari but went for new star as the beach was better. I think there is a burger restaurant in that hotel but not 100% sure

ihatethecold Tue 05-Dec-17 16:34:11

I stayed at tongsai bay last year in August. It was beautiful.
10 mins by car to the fisherman’s village.
We went there to eat a few times.

Chaweng had a lovely beach but could be a bit iffy at night time in the town.

The best beach we went to was called the silver beach about 10 mins south of Chaweng.

HundredMilesAnHour Tue 05-Dec-17 20:32:06

Have a look at Bo Phut Resort & Spa. Prices aren't top end and it's a quietish small beach resort within walking distance (along the beach) to the Fisherman's Village. There were a few kids when I stayed there but it wasn't overrun with them (so no children's club etc if that's what you're looking for). There's also the Hansar (if you prefer a more modern and less traditional hotel) along the same stretch of beach (and closer to the Fisherman's Village).

Omgineedanamechange Tue 05-Dec-17 20:45:55

Ooooo, we stayed in the Amari at Chewang, was fab. There was a little bar/restaurant on the beach nearby, called Your Place that I can highly recommend, cocktails at sunset with the sea lapping round your feet, followed by a massage at the parlour next door.

Poppies restaurant at the opposite end of town is well worth a visit too, bit pricey but the Seafood Kontoke was amazing.

Reallycantbebothered Thu 07-Dec-17 05:23:35

We stayed at Anantara Bophut (July 2015 )which is right next to fisherman's village. Had dcs of 20, 17 and 14, so they stayed in 1 room and we had another amazing room along corridor from them
The hotel was gorgeous, exotic grounds and beautiful pool and grounds
breakfasts were amazing ( we stayed b&b) it was only a 2 min walk to Fisherman's village with loads of great places to eat and handy for night market
Beautiful island , lots of places to visit and the people were so friendly would go back ina heartbeat ...thoroughly recommended boat trip to Ang Thong Marine Park ( 2 hrs by boat , but great chance for snorkelling and fantastic landscapes too)

goldangel Wed 13-Dec-17 07:05:08

Thanks for the tips and suggestions, didn't see any replies first few days so it's a lovely surprise to see! All very useful, will spend some time researching today! Exciting 😎

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now