Talk

Advanced search

Vancouver/Whistler/Jaspar - anyone been in April?

(6 Posts)
RhythmNBooze Sun 19-Nov-17 17:16:33

I'd like to plan a trip to Canada next Easter and would like to visit Vancouver, Whistler and Jaspar (maybe Banff). Has anyone been in April? Is there still enough snow in the mountains?

OP’s posts: |
madwoman1ntheatt1c Sun 19-Nov-17 17:30:26

Ski season definitely still ok in Banff (Sunshine, Lake Louise) but usually spring skiing conditions, so crisp first thing in the morning and then softer porridge skiing later in the day. No problem with actual snow quantity (end of season/ Slush Cup is always into May). If you are used to European skiing it's probably not an issue.

I've not ever skied at Marmot, but been to Jasper a lot - I think the opening dates are similar. Passes are cheaper.
I think conditions tend to get ropier at Whistler in April, and only Blackcomb is open into May - they usually get more rain on the side of the Divide which takes out the snow earlier, but in early April it should be fine. (Think Easter is end March so you will be fine everywhere tbh). Oh probably avoid Fernie. Have had terrible spring experiences there.

dontcallmethatyoucunt Sun 19-Nov-17 21:37:53

We are heading to Whistler this Easter. I did A LOT of research and concluded that the height in whistler and the glacier was worth it. The snow fall tends to be later there than elsewhere. The travel involved at lake Louise (we have youngish kids) put that out of play for a small advantage.

RhythmNBooze Sun 19-Nov-17 22:25:16

Ooh don'tcallme where will you be staying? Are you travelling to any other places or just visiting whistler? I'm not a skier but the kids are, I've just always wanted to go and see the scenery. Not averse to a bit of snowmobiling though. Glad to hear there will be snow still. Haven't booked anything yet, still uming and ahing.

dontcallmethatyoucunt Mon 20-Nov-17 14:41:15

Legends in Creekside. It's really lovely there. We are going just to ski so won't be going anywhere else unless the whole place is brown and I will take to my bed

RhythmNBooze Tue 21-Nov-17 11:41:00

Looks great.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in