Talk

Advanced search

Disney world planning 2019

(12 Posts)
Questionsandanswers Thu 16-Nov-17 11:22:32

We are just planning our holiday for 2019 and
I had a few questions that I am hoping someone might answer.

Easter - is this a more expensive time of year to visit?

Is it crazy busy then?

Free dinning plan - anyone ever got one at Easter?

Vs

End of August into early Spetember - unbearably hot?

What are prices like? Compared to other school holidays?

Ukmum1 Thu 16-Nov-17 14:42:17

HI

We’ve done Disney in May and June. Been 3 times now and always done villa so can’t help with dining plan. I heard it can be busy in Easter and Xmas. June was fairly busy but with plannng (fast passes)you will be fine. If you are on Facebook, there’s an amazing group called its Orlando time, you will get loads of advice on anything to do with Disney/Orlando. X

Jenpug Thu 16-Nov-17 14:44:12

I don't think Disney does dining plans over Easter as it's one of the business times of year, coinciding with US Spring Break.

August into September will be hot and you're into hurricane season whicjbis unlikely to cause an issue but you never know.

Quartz2208 Thu 16-Nov-17 14:44:16

Yes Easter is a very busy time and very expensive

End of August/September is a better time in terms of crowds but would be hotter

Jenpug Thu 16-Nov-17 14:44:52

Business = busiest confused

Questionsandanswers Fri 17-Nov-17 14:58:02

Thankyou. Much as I suspected, its likely we will have to go in October halfterm which is showing a significant price drop that is hard to argue with.

Our kids will be 6 and 8 and we will probably do mainly Disney - with 8 nights there ( We will want to do MK, AK, Epcot, Disney studios) and then two nights Universal (not big Harry Potter fans!)

Is that realistic? No idea how long it would take to do each park!

Dailystuck71 Sat 18-Nov-17 18:14:15

Yes, no DDP at Easter. Better off in October. Easter and Christmas are the two busiest times of year to go.

Wait until next year now to book to get free DDP plus all the other additional feee extras.

Dailystuck71 Sat 18-Nov-17 18:15:21

That is a lot to do in a very short space of time. We are doing that over 16 nights.

MamaBear7a Sat 18-Nov-17 18:40:09

We did get the dining plan this easter. The trick was to bring our holiday forward by a day and arrive on a Thursday (the last day it was available). We had cheaper flights and were able to get the dining plan all through the 2 week holiday. It was busy but we stayed on site and took full advantage of the pre-booking of rides. The longest we ever had to wait was about 20 minutes.
I used my phone to book the next ride as soon as we had gone through the fast pass gate, often before we even got on the ride.
You have to be very organised though. We had booked all evening meals months before we got there, which didn't give the opportunity for last minute changes. But we had a good selection and really felt we did everything we wanted to.
We felt 14 days was great because we didn't feel rushed to doing everything and we could also have a couple of down days at the water parks. I would have a good look at Universal before you go, we felt the price was expensive and give the heights of ours (8 and 5) there were very limited things for them to do.

Questionsandanswers Sat 18-Nov-17 19:37:17

Thanks again! lots to think about. We Will I think drop Universal as its an extra hasle for something that's not much of a priority. Seems it would be easier just to focus on Disney given the time restriction and age of our kids.

Appleby39 Sun 26-Nov-17 13:08:49

We have literally not long booked our Florida holiday and like you have been looking at when is best to go. Our son will be 15 next year so we can't take him out of school due to exams and such. We have decided on the last 2 weeks of August and he may miss just one or two days of the start of school but they don't really do much at the start of a new school term anyway. We have obviously checked with school and they say it should be fine. As its our son's first time in Florida we are going to stay on site at Disney at the Pop Century and after some workings out have also decided on the Quick food plan. I know plans were showing as being around £38 pp per day but somehow we have managed to get that down to around £25. We are also taking them up on the free car and have managed to upgrade it from the usual compact size one to a suv, so again its worked out for us. The cost overall is eye popping in that you could buy a car for the cost of this holiday, but like with all our holidays they make for wonderful memories and experiences. My hubby and I have done Florida 3 times together back in the 90s and now we will experience it again but with our 15 year old. We can't wait as its been a long time coming. Our son never used to like rides, didn't even like going on a train and its taken him a few years to calm down and enjoy it. We trialled him out in 2012 at Paris disney and other than a wobble at the canyon train ride he was fine. Exiciting times

HermioneWeasley Sun 03-Dec-17 17:03:18

We are thinking of going Easter 2019. We’ve stayed in a villa before and probably will again. The thought of the 4 of us in one room for 2 weeks sounds nightmarish

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: