Talk

Advanced search

Planning trip to Oz - is Singapore the best stopover?

(16 Posts)
Notquitegrownup Mon 16-Apr-07 22:46:44

Just beginning to plan a trip for next Easter

I have been reading and enjoying the descriptions of Singapore, for a couple of days break on the way to (or back from) Oz.

Should we consider anywhere else instead as a stop over? The dss will be 4 and 8, and we could stop anywhere in the world, to break the trip. We're not likely to do this trip for another 10 years or so, so are happy to make the most of it this time around. So, Singapore or . . . . .

eidsvold Tue 17-Apr-07 06:43:00

singapore is fab!! depending on where you are going in Aus - bulk of journey done by then.

lots to do for your dss.

eidsvold Tue 17-Apr-07 06:44:37

zoo, sentosa island, bum boats on the river.

we stayed at swissotel merchant court - on the river - great places for eating across the river, two minute walk to the metro station, shuttle bus to raffles. pool for chilling out and spa for you to spend the day being pampered!!

clean, everything ran on time, easy to get around.

tilbatilba Tue 17-Apr-07 06:52:35

Agree, Singapore is a fabulous stop over and a favourite with our children when we go to UK

suzywong Tue 17-Apr-07 07:28:33

I'm not making another recommendation for Singapore until we and I mean MN and MFM get some comission. It's getting ridiculous.

belgo Tue 17-Apr-07 07:52:47

If I was going to Oz, I would stop over in Japan, because that's probably the cheapest way to ever see Japan.

Or Hong Kong.

sunnydelight Tue 17-Apr-07 11:01:45

My kids (13, 8 and 4) are clamouring to go via Sinapore when we emigrate in June. We spent 3 nights there last November and they loved it - it's clean, safe and easy for parents, but different enough for kids to feel they've been somewhere unusual. We stayed at the Marina Mandarin which has a gorgeous rooftop pool and is very child friendly.

thehairybabysmum Tue 17-Apr-07 11:04:02

i can also recommend Kuala Lumpur...loved it when we had a stopover there. Malaysia Airlines excellent too.

nailpolish Tue 17-Apr-07 11:04:57

i stopped at Singapore

would throughly recommend it

hitchcock Tue 17-Apr-07 11:05:41

i liked hong kong and also bangcock!

SweetyDarling Tue 17-Apr-07 11:06:33

I find Sing a bit boring to be honest. Would prefer Hong Kong, Bangkok or KL. Sing is a bit sterile for me.

Pruni Tue 17-Apr-07 11:07:51

Message withdrawn

hitchcock Tue 17-Apr-07 11:08:15

we stayed in sing have to agree wasn't that impressed with the place , however i am going there again next week but only as we are using that airline

belgo Tue 17-Apr-07 11:22:49

found Kuala Lumpar to be very polluted and dirty.

Notquitegrownup Tue 11-Sep-07 12:40:34

Singapore sounds lovely, and the airline is obviously sooooo good, but I am tempted by HK too. I know my way round HK so could hit the ground running, as it were.

Anyone who stopped off in HK - who did you fly with and did you have good flights?!

Notquitegrownup Tue 11-Sep-07 12:41:10

Yes, I know I have just taken 5 months to reply, but I'm hoping you guys are still around!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now