Talk

Advanced search

Sun needed- Mexico?

(8 Posts)
starsinyourpies Sun 12-Nov-17 11:05:34

Looking to get a sneaky holiday in before the end of the year, with a toddler and baby, ideally somewhere that has some childcare for both of them e.g. kids club. Any ideas? Mexico sounds fab but so much choice of hotels it seems a bit overwhelming.

MissConductUS Sun 12-Nov-17 16:00:07

If you're willing to go that far, I'd do Florida instead of Mexico. There's a lot of violent crime in Mexico.

Have you looked around Tampa? It's a very kid friendly place.

SevenNationArmyWife Sun 12-Nov-17 16:02:36

Florida may or may not be warm enough for swimming at this time of year. The resort areas south of cancun are fine. I️ wouldn’t go much outside the resort though. I️ like the Iberostar complex though unsure if they take babies for childcare.

MissConductUS Sun 12-Nov-17 16:13:06

The baby may be an issue. Kids club at most hotels is 4 and up.

It will be hotter in Mexico, but I'm fine swimming when temps are in the 70's.

starsinyourpies Sun 12-Nov-17 22:08:55

Thanks all I would really like somewhere we can go outside the resort, not sure about Florida. Maybe we will be boring and do a UK hotel with childcare. Just need a few hours off a couple of times!

SevenNationArmyWife Sun 12-Nov-17 23:04:42

Caribbean? St. Lucia is lovely and a direct flight. We felt very safe there as well.

minipie Sun 12-Nov-17 23:23:47

How well do your DC sleep and especially how well do you think they will adjust to the time difference.

If they won't easily adjust I would avoid flying west unless you want to be up at 2am every day.

Mauritius work wells as regards time difference. Long flight but overnight and direct which helps.

Or, the Canaries - quite a few places with a creche eg Thomson Sensatori or Roca Nivaria.

starsinyourpies Mon 13-Nov-17 21:52:31

Thanks I think the Canaries is where we are most likely to end up, sounds a good compromise. The kids are pretty adaptable but I think risking a large time difference may not be worth it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now