Talk

Advanced search

Get an exclusive 5% off your next Mark Warner holiday - call 0333 305 9795 and quote Mumsnet

Honeymoon in Jan/Feb

(34 Posts)
itsbetterthanabox Tue 07-Nov-17 21:41:58

Looking to book somewhere warm in Jan/Feb. Got married earlier in the year but going later.

Where would anyone recommend?

We like the idea of a few days in a city/town first then going on to a beach/countryside but are open to any ideas. Just beach instead could be relaxing to!
Don't want to do endless internal flights though which I know is a sticking point but we just want to directly get to the country and not have to fly about getting anywhere.
We want luxury if at the beach! But don't have a huge budget.. About 3000 absolute max. Is that unrealistic?
Thank you

expatmigrant Tue 07-Nov-17 22:33:59

How about Oman? Beautiful and interesting. Lovely weather in Jan/Feb.
BA and Oman Air fly direct.

itsbetterthanabox Wed 08-Nov-17 08:31:05

Oman interesting. Never thought of there. Looking now thank you

mummymeister Wed 08-Nov-17 09:29:42

Belize - beautiful with the islands and then the mainland with rainforest and all the mayan history. weather will be perfect.

2014newme Wed 08-Nov-17 12:34:10

Mexico

dontcallmethatyoucunt Wed 08-Nov-17 16:56:34

Japan?

UAEMum Wed 08-Nov-17 16:58:58

Dubai

BusterTheBulldog Wed 08-Nov-17 17:04:13

South Africa! We did safari, Cape Town then wine region-was amazing! Just under 3 weeks in total.

2014newme Wed 08-Nov-17 18:00:16

Oo yes but would south africa be doable on the op budget? Flights are expensive

spinduffy Wed 08-Nov-17 18:04:05

I just got return flights from Dublin with Turkish airlines for £470 each for start of Feb. This march we flew with BA and flights were £550 each. You can get a bargain!

tailspin Wed 08-Nov-17 18:05:40

Belize, seconded!

Chiliprepper Wed 08-Nov-17 18:24:11

Sri Lanka! Flights expensive but v cheap once you are there

Guitarheroorzero Wed 08-Nov-17 20:54:34

We went to Cuba in January. A few nights in Havana then a week at a beach resort in Varadero. We got upgraded to the 5* part of the resort because it was our honeymoon. It cost £3500, all inclusive. Booked through Kuoni (worth it for the upgrade!)

Drinaballerina Wed 08-Nov-17 20:56:51

Second South Africa, The best time to go IMO. Flights shouldn't be that bad at that time of year and cheap when you get there.

KiaraS Wed 08-Nov-17 21:14:41

Sri Lanka - tour a bit then Maldives. Or combine Bali with a stop over in Kuala Lumpur or Bangkok or Singapore or Hong Kong! Enjoy choosing smile

MrsBungle Wed 08-Nov-17 21:16:30

We got married at the beginning of February and went to Dubai and the Maldives on honeymoon, both warm and the Maldives was amazing.

expatmigrant Wed 08-Nov-17 21:45:14

I mentioned Oman (use to live there) but definitely consider Cape Town and South Africa as pps mention. Been there a few times and again this summer. You can fly Emirates and go via Dubai and have a couple days there but wouldn't bother with more than that ( I use to live there too...not as interesting as some people think). Cape Town and SA excellent value for money once you get there. Amazing food and wine for fraction of the price here. Costa Rica and Belize on my list to travel to next...but do not have the honeymoon excuse to lure my DH in the near future grin I'm working on it

BriechonCheese Wed 08-Nov-17 21:46:07

Sri Lanka for sure.

OliviaBenson Wed 08-Nov-17 21:47:36

Sorry to hijack. People keep mentioning Belize, is there a specific area/itinerary? Also I didn't think there were direct flights?

itsbetterthanabox Thu 09-Nov-17 09:04:42

So many choices!
Hadn't thought of Belize or South Africa. Sounds lovely.
We've looked at Thailand, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Japan and Mexico.
I can't decide!
Japan would be amazing but it was working out so expensive sad

dontcallmethatyoucunt Thu 09-Nov-17 10:49:47

When we went to Hakone (from Tokyo) we met some Brits that were staying in a very nice Air BnB on the bay. We found it relatively cheap once there (if careful). If you're looking at a Travel company, you could save loads doing it yourself

Smarshian Thu 09-Nov-17 10:53:22

Thailand! We honeymooned there and it was wonderful! Bangkok 3 nights, Koh Samui 7 nights.

FGSholdthedoor Thu 09-Nov-17 10:58:29

We went to a January wedding/honeymoon in Mexico a few years ago.
It was fab and warm and all inclusive <daydreams> in a resort on the beach.

mummymeister Thu 09-Nov-17 15:21:30

oliviaBenson I had a 2/3 week holiday in Belize and have a long travel report which I am happy to send to anyone who is interested if you private message me. it is too long to post on here but happy to share all of my experiences there. real holiday of a lifetime destination and it is malaria free and an ex british colony so most people speak English and are very welcoming to the Brits that visit.

dontcallmethatyoucunt Thu 09-Nov-17 16:32:20

mummy would you PM it to me please! I'm always on the hunt for a good trip. Thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: