Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Florida area help - where to stay?

(3 Posts)
peachypetite Mon 06-Nov-17 11:15:56

I'm a little overwhelmed at where to stay! Would be in April for me and my husband. We like good food, sightseeing, beaches. I'm leaning towards Clearwater. Anyone got any good recommendations?

carrie74 Sat 11-Nov-17 16:14:59

How long are you going for?

My favourite part of Florida is the Gulf Coast, around Sarasota has everything you mention and is slightly further south of Clearwater in case of any slight chilly weather in April (Naples would be perfect weather at that time).

Florida isn’t really known for sightseeing as such, but there is plenty out there. My Florida highlights include Key West (and the drive is spectacular), St Augustine’s for history, Miami for modern history and culture differences, Orlando for parks, Gulf Coast for beaches (and some history - the Ringling house in Sarasota is fantastic), Kennedy Space Station, the Everglades...

I grew up in Miami and holiday a lot in Florida so know it fairly well, and I do love it there.

afrikat Mon 13-Nov-17 21:30:50

My absolute favourite place is Anna Maria Island on the gulf coast. We've been back 3 times and it's just paradise. We rent a house and just chill at the beach, eat out a lot at the gorgeous beach cafes and explore the local area.
Siesta Key is fun too but a bit busier / louder

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now