Talk

Advanced search

How to keep 11 month old entertained

(7 Posts)
KiaraS Sun 05-Nov-17 08:33:11

Just that really. Looooooong flight ahead (13 hours, quick change then another 4).

Any advice confused

TYIA

Ricekrispie22 Sun 05-Nov-17 11:47:15

1 pot of Play doh
A smallish square of bubble wrap to pop
A set of stacking beakers. Great for playing hiding games with small items of food like raisins and Cheerios
3 or 4 finger puppets
A set of nesting eggs (available from ELC)
Lamaze Freddie Firefly high hair toy
Vtech on the move activity bar (without batteries, so it doesn't disturb fellow travellers)
Several small envelopes that you can put a few raisins in for DC to tear open. My kids loved this.
Rusks for sucking
Don't forget a dummy clip and a few spare dummies if any go missing/fall on the floor.
A snug fitting hat to pull down over eyes and ears for sleep and to help if the air con gets too chilly for them.

KiaraS Sun 05-Nov-17 13:49:24

Wow thank you. Great ideas. I’m off shopping tomorrow smile

Ricekrispie22 Mon 06-Nov-17 16:59:19

Another top tip is to make use of other travellers to help entertain and to give you a rest. When we flew with DD, two young lads played peekaboo with her for absolutely ages. I think it was a way of keeping themselves occupied too! We didn't ask them to, they just started doing it. When the lady next-but-one to me was cooing over DD, I asked if she wanted to hold her, which she did for a good half an hour! Same with a teenage girl. So basically, if anyone shows an interest in your DC, take advantage and give yourself a break!

KiaraS Mon 06-Nov-17 19:54:47

That’s great to know! I’ve been so nervous about other passengers. DD is relatively easy going and LOVES people! I’ll be on the look out! Thank you smile

dontcallmethatyoucunt Wed 08-Nov-17 21:38:17

Be prepared to give them your undivided attention. Forget anything for yourself. Tell yourself it could be the worst day of your life. It then never seems quite so bad grin

Above tips are good

LadyGAgain Wed 15-Nov-17 14:55:17

We survived!!!! And no other passengers were bothered by them. The toddler was mostly silent (who knew that was possible?!) and the baby was good natured. Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now