Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dubai Family-Friendly Hotels

(32 Posts)
londonmummyof1 Sun 05-Nov-17 00:10:10

Does anyone have recommendations for good family-friendly hotels in Dubai? We are thinking of going this December for a week with our 2.5 year old daughter.

DarthMaiden Sun 05-Nov-17 00:22:12

Why on earth do you want to go to Dubai?

There are plenty of winter sun destinations in places that have a decent human rights records and respect the equality of women.

CuppaTeaAndAJammieDodger Sun 05-Nov-17 00:25:22

Whose family? Certainly not the families of the men who were treated as slaves, many of whom didn’t even survive, whilst building these bloody hotels.

2014newme Sun 05-Nov-17 11:59:09

Go to the Caribbean instead. Dubai is 7 hours flying, Barbados is 8 - 9 hours

RosyWelshcakes Sun 05-Nov-17 12:00:39

The Jumeriah Beach Hotel.

Karak Sun 05-Nov-17 12:01:17

What's your budget? Loads of options in Dubai but December is peak season so budget will matter.

MsGameandWatching Sun 05-Nov-17 12:02:17

Atlantis is pricey but brilliant for families. The kids club is superb and the aquarium perfect for bored toddlers and children, always somewhere to have a wander to and some great restaurants. Make sure you book a brunch for Friday too. Have you considered Abu Dhabi as well? Actually much nicer for families in my opinion.

RosyWelshcakes Sun 05-Nov-17 12:07:04

Oman is fabulous also.

PoptartPoptart Sun 05-Nov-17 16:28:23

The op came on here to ask for hotel recommendations, not for a moral lecture on her choice of holiday destination! It’s nobody else’s business but hers where she chooses to go on holiday.

PestoSwimissimos Sun 05-Nov-17 16:53:41

Another vote for Atlantis here smile

Sentimentallentil Sun 05-Nov-17 17:00:16

I know you have the right to go on holiday wherever you want but with so many winter sun destinations I always think it’s strange that someone would choose to go somewhere where their gay friends would be put in prison.

MsGameandWatching Sun 05-Nov-17 18:15:30

The op came on here to ask for hotel recommendations, not for a moral lecture on her choice of holiday destination! It’s nobody else’s business but hers where she chooses to go on holiday.

This.

Karak Sun 05-Nov-17 19:45:27

If all the gay people in Dubai were in prison they'd have run out of prison cells years ago.

I'm throwing in Jumeirah Beach Hotel as another option. Or you could go for an air BnB in JBR which will probably work out significantly cheaper v

RosyWelshcakes Sun 05-Nov-17 19:52:52

I think the Jumeriah trumps the Atlantis. Its more real and less manufactured.

Fucky Sun 05-Nov-17 19:54:29

Atlantis!

Christinayangstwistedsista Sun 05-Nov-17 19:56:27

The Royal meridien

RosyWelshcakes Sun 05-Nov-17 19:58:38

The Royal meridien

Thats the other one I thought of but I couldn't remember the name.

Anyway how are you Christina? Im an old DEW pal. I have to admit Im seeing another side of you on the MNHQ/Reddit threads.

Christinayangstwistedsista Sun 05-Nov-17 20:00:54

Er what's DEW?

MsGameandWatching Sun 05-Nov-17 20:07:09

I've stayed at Le Royal Meridian. If I'm not mistaken the two meridians are close by each other and can use each other's facilities I believe. I stayed without kids though so not sure how good it is for them.

RosyWelshcakes Sun 05-Nov-17 20:07:46

Dubai Expat woman

MsGameandWatching Sun 05-Nov-17 20:10:33

Or is that Grosvenor House that can use LRM? Confused myself now.

Ukmum1 Thu 16-Nov-17 14:49:36

We lived in the UAE, whenever we popped to Dubai we stayed in the finance district but because you might want a beach holiday, anywhere near jbr will be fine. UAE is a very family friendly place, especially the capital Abu Dhabi. Oman is lovely too, we stayed at the ritz bustan, amazing for kids. People in UAE and Oman are the most nicest people I’ve ever met and most of all I felt very safe esp for my dd. X

amnesty124 Thu 16-Nov-17 14:56:21

We've stayed at The Atlantis, and the Jumeirah Beach and hands down winner was the Ritz-Carlton on Jumeirah. My husband much preferred the Habtoor Grand. You can shop around for prices but you can't really go wrong on that stretch of Jumeirah Beach. Most of the hotels have shuttle buses to the big malls....

londonmummyof1 Thu 16-Nov-17 15:06:03

Sorry! I thought I deleted this post as some of the first replies were quite frankly vile and I felt I was being trolled for the first time in my life! Internet hey.

I just had an email from mumsnet saying there was a new reply and came in to see all these replies. Thanks so much, it's nice to know others want to be helpful!

We've decided on Jumeirah Beach Hotel.

SueSueDonahue Thu 16-Nov-17 15:07:59

@londonmummyof1 I would have said JBH too. I much prefer it to Atlantis.

Have a great time ☺️

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now