Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Maldives

(7 Posts)
FiveGoMadInDorset Sun 29-Oct-17 19:19:53

After a lot of deliberation we have decided on the Maldives for a holiday next year, but a bot overwhelmed by choices. So two adults, two children age 12 and 9, any ideas on best island with boat transfers?

Budget £8k, coming from inheritance from my dad who loved travelling

Move2yorkshire Mon 30-Oct-17 10:07:58

Do you need 2 rooms?
Boat transfer rules out my preferred islands. If you would consider a plane transfer I really like six senses laamu for families as they have families beach villas

PestoSwimissimos Mon 30-Oct-17 10:10:08

We went to Meeru (speedboat transfer) years ago, t’was lovely.

BrandNewHouse Mon 30-Oct-17 10:13:39

We had a lovely time in Bandos. We booked it all independently (phoned up rather than online booking) and had plenty of change out of 8K.

Kids a little younger though. The snorkeling was amazing.

I would recommend staying within the Male Atoll though because some of the islands have big waves.

Check out the snorkel scuba rental costs though and include that in your budget.

TakeMe2Insanity Mon 30-Oct-17 15:49:29

We stayed at the shangri-la. Normal plane to Gan and then 10 mins in a soeed boat to the actual island. Very family friendly.

swimster01 Thu 02-Nov-17 18:05:56

I think you may struggle on that budget - we were quoted £10k full board (not AI) for two adults and one child at mid price resort - Vilamendhoo - which we have stayed at previously. That was Easter - you may have to go out of season to get within budget,

FiveGoMadInDorset Mon 06-Nov-17 18:51:26

Thank you for all your help, we may have to rethink anyway as DH is having more scans and possibly treatment so when we wanted to go may be out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now