Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Florida and milk conundrum

(5 Posts)
Youvegotafriendinme Wed 25-Oct-17 19:10:47

I’ve been to Florida many times over the year but this is our first time with baby.

I’m flying to Florida from Gatwick next week and will be collecting ready made SMA from boots. He only has a morning and bed time bottle so more than likely won’t want it on the plane but We land at 5pm their time and DS will probably want one by the time we get through customs. I’m going to have to declare the milk aren’t I?

My other issue is coming back from Florida to Gatwick. If I put full fat milk (he is fully weaned on to cows milk but taking the SMA above for convenience) in a bottle will I be allowed to take it through customs and on to the plane?

Youvegotafriendinme Fri 27-Oct-17 21:39:01

Anyone?!

321zerobaby Fri 27-Oct-17 21:42:08

My experience is form 10 years ago, so not current but they were still strict about taking liquid on board. My dd toddler would only sleep after milk, and on goats milk. They let us take a 2 pint bottle of goats milk on board, my dh had to open it and take a swig.

MakeLemonade Fri 27-Oct-17 21:51:47

Pick up some more ready made when you're through security from the Boots by the gates? This is what we always do. I think you can reserve to click and collect in advance although we've never bothered and it's always been fine.

StrawberryStar Fri 27-Oct-17 21:54:50

Same as above we do click and collect at boots with the ready made cartons and it’s been fine. The way home we took ready made cartons and declared them at the airport. That was about 2 years ago before security was tightened.
This year we just asked for a glass of cows milk on the plane.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now