Talk

Advanced search

Accommodation Maui/Kauai

(8 Posts)
DeliveredByKiki Wed 25-Oct-17 05:40:24

Travelling to Hawaii end of March with another family (so total 4 adults 4 children), still trying to decide on Kauai or Maui

Really want to try to find a beachfront house we can rent, anyone got any specific and personal recommendations? Looking to spend max $700/night

Ifailed Wed 25-Oct-17 06:01:37

I expect Maui will be full on honeymooners, so probably best to go to Kauai.

twingygirl Wed 25-Oct-17 07:52:08

Don't know where you got the "honeymooners" idea. Every time I go to Maui it's packed with families. Disney even has a huge resort there! I'd try air bnb around the areas of Lahaina, Kaanapali, or Wailea. Stick to the west shore. The sea on the north shore will be very rough, and Hana, though stunning, is a very long drive from anything else.

RJnomore1 Wed 25-Oct-17 07:54:22

Maui honeymooners is a MN standing joke.

dantdmistedious Wed 25-Oct-17 08:00:29

We hired a 3 bed condo at outriggers Maui - was fab, full of families at the complex and they had bigger duplexes / town houses too. I'll see if I can find a link.

dantdmistedious Wed 25-Oct-17 08:01:53

https://www.outrigger.com/hotels-resorts/hawaii/maui

DeliveredByKiki Wed 25-Oct-17 21:18:42

Thanks, we’ve been to Maui before but the other family hasn’t, they’re keen to go but I’d rather go to a new island and like the sound of Kauai....but friends have had others tell them the beaches aren’t great and there’s not enough for the kids to do, surely that’s not true? Although it sounds like the weather might not be great on Kauai in March?

Westcountrygemini Sat 28-Oct-17 11:07:43

I've just spent a week in Poipu, Kauai. Lovely beach. We stayed at Outriggers Plantation resort - they had lots of oceanfront multi bedded units.

Maui also lovely, I agree stick to west shore. We stayed in Napili in an ocean front condo - waves looked pretty gnarly for little kids though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now