Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Malawi

(6 Posts)
user1492877024 Sun 22-Oct-17 16:54:56

Apologies, posted this in travel advice by mistake. I might get a better response here.

Has anyone ever been? Would it be safe for me to go alone? Have always been fascinated by this place and have wanted to take the weekly ferry from one end of the lake to the other. I am middle aged and reasonably well travelled.

AfunaMbatata Sun 22-Oct-17 17:27:12

Malawi is a very safe and friendly country. You’ll be fine. It’s not called the warm heart of Africa for nothing smile

DeliveredByKiki Wed 25-Oct-17 05:38:54

Malawi is wonderful, incredibly safe, beautiful, lovely people. Go!!!

RavingRoo Wed 25-Oct-17 05:45:16

I have family in Malawi who say it’s like anywhere in Africa - you can’t go out at night, ensure you stay in a good hotel, don’t take valuables with you, and ensure you are part of group tours. The days of it being ‘the warm heart of Africa’ are well gone, but yes it’s probably safer than Jo’burg.

UrsulaPandress Wed 25-Oct-17 05:59:13

If you went on an organised holiday rather than diy I'm sure you will be fine.

trixiebelden77 Wed 25-Oct-17 06:20:18

I've been by myself twice, including to a very rural area. No organised tour needed, I did my own thing. I felt very safe and it's a fascinating place to visit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now