Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Luxury beach holiday for family of 6

(11 Posts)
inniu Fri 20-Oct-17 17:13:31

Where would you recommend in either Carribean or Indian Ocean for a family of 6? Thinking of resorts that have beachfront accommodation either 3bed villas or some interconnecting combo.

Not Thailand, Vietnam or SE ASia generally as we have done those before.

Kids aged 8+

2014newme Sat 21-Oct-17 11:43:05

Mauritius
St Lucia
Antigua
Grenada
Mexico
Barbados
I've enjoyed. Sure you could get villas in all those places.

swimster01 Sun 22-Oct-17 10:53:17

Maldives. Just to bear in mind that in Barbados all beaches are public so depends what you have in mind for your beachfront accommodation

itaintwhatyoudo Mon 23-Oct-17 09:57:10

Beachcomber do 3 bed villas. Unfortunately I've never been inside one, but the brand is great for families
https://www.beachcomber-hotels.com/your-villa/trou-aux-biches-villas

inniu Mon 23-Oct-17 21:39:39

Thanks, that is exactly the sort of tip I need. There are lots of gorgeous places but ones with 3 bed villas can be difficult to find.

SpotAGuillemot Mon 23-Oct-17 21:41:32

Beaches Ochoa Rios in Jamaica is good. We went with dc's aged 1 and 4 and they just weren't old enough for most things. There's loads of stuff for teenagers and pretty much everything is included in AI package - so scuba diving, boat rides etc. Also there's a watermark on site which was pretty good.

SpotAGuillemot Mon 23-Oct-17 21:42:17

Sorry, forgot to say - no villas that I'm aware of but they did do interconnecting rooms.

Sarahjconnor Mon 23-Oct-17 21:48:49

I would go to Goblin Villas in Port Antonio, Jamaica. I'd rent 2 neighbouring villas one for 2, one for 4. Each has a housekeeper and they'll also work together to create amazing meals. It's got a small pool and not many facilities but the service is luxurious and the villas very old school James Bond. Its near the most beautiful beach in Jamaica and you can hang out with locals or dance to the Jolly Boys at GeeJam oooo dependant on budget I might stay at GeeJam in their 3 bed villa with a private pool alongside Grace Jones or Beyonce haha it's so beautiful - heaven on earth.

Sarahjconnor Mon 23-Oct-17 21:55:42

I've stayed here - it's amazing: www.goblinhillvillas.com

I've never been able to afford to stay here but woah www.geejamhotel.com/sanwood.html

Beyonce honeymooned here, I've visited and it's awesome, Ian Flemmings home and they have 3 bed villas : www.goldeneye.com/stay/the-originals/

I so wish I had your problem!

LadyFlangeWidget Tue 14-Nov-17 11:30:13

Jumby bay ANTIGUA .. trip of a lifetime, and the most beautiful place EVER . Went for work (!) about 10 years ago. cant recommended highly enough

BendyBusBuggy Sun 19-Nov-17 02:26:54

How about the other side of Mexico?

https://chilenobay.aubergeresorts.com/

Hotel beach has 10+inch fish 2 steps into the sea. It's like standing in an aquarium

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now