Talk

Advanced search

Belize in February: recommendations?

(4 Posts)
50yearsandcounting Sat 14-Oct-17 19:41:38

Dear all, I am planning a trip with two DDs (16 and 12) in February, and have been looking at Costa Rica so far. I have seen a few references to Belize being a good alternative. Has anybody done both with similar age kids, and which would you recommend? We are fairly laid back, adventurous and would be looking for a holiday with nature, culture and a little bit of beach. Any recommendations from those who know belize gratefully received. Thank you in advance

viktoria Sun 15-Oct-17 11:47:42

I've never been to Belize, but it's on my list of places to go.
A former colleague of mine moved to Belize and is running a lodge there.
http://www.belizejungledome.com/about_us.html
Simone is very helpful and positive - I'm assuming even if you don't end up staying with them I'm pretty sure she could give some recommendations.
Have a lovely holiday!

50yearsandcounting Mon 16-Oct-17 17:34:47

Thank you for the recommendation! It looks like a great place.

Anybody had experience of both Belize and Costa Rica, and can recommend which would be best for young adventurous teens?

OutandIntoday Mon 16-Oct-17 17:44:04

I've been to both. Costa Rica good for adventurous teens- you have to be okay with bugs though- they are everywhere! Lots to do- guided cloudforest walks, high level tree top walks and also a beach scene. I am toying with taking 12&10 yr old dd but not sure about how they will deal with bugs ( or me- i got lots of spider bites)

We did Ambergris Caye in Belize - a 2 hr or so speedboat trip or 20 min tiny prop plane flight from the mainland. Was a beach holiday- we got about on bikes and it was a chilled out old school carribean holiday with a bit of snorkeing. English is the official language so was a very easy holiday.

Now BA fly to San Jose Costa Rica is the easiest and prob cheapest travel option though. Don't have any experience of mainland Belize sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now