Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone done with kids (8 & 16) Singapore & Bali ?

(10 Posts)
waxmytash Sat 14-Oct-17 16:19:32

Usually do the med but fancy something a bit different for next July
Have been looking at 3 nights Singapore and 10 nights Bali.

DS's will be 8 & 16 would there be enough to do to keep them interested ? would dragging a 8 year old round Singapore be a complete nightmare ?
Would the 16 year old be bored in Bali ?

Should we just stick with AI in the med ?

Any suggestions for which areas to stay in would also be very much appreciated.

QueenofLouisiana Sat 21-Oct-17 18:58:05

Singapore is great- we have taken DS at the age of 3 and again at 5. We plan to return in a year when he will be 14. Lots to do- zoo, bird park, lovely beaches, parks...

The transport is great, so most places are easy to get to and from.

Ricekrispie22 Sat 21-Oct-17 20:07:17

I'd do at least another day in Singapore and perhaps a day less in Bali. There's loads that would keep both children happy.

Pulau ubin tree trail
HSBC tree top walk
Indian heritage centre
Go to the FutureWorld exhibition at Artscience
Changi point coastal walk
Science centre - 10x better than London's science museum for families.
Platform 1094 is a Harry Potter themed cafe
Gardens by the bay and light show
Turtle and tortoise museum
Musical box museum
Mint museum of toys
Have a go at Prawning
Take a walk down Haji lane for the street art
3d glow golf
Lilliput indoor golf

And that's even before you visit Universal Singapore!

bananafanana1 Sun 22-Oct-17 14:39:58

We stayed in Singapore Jen Orchardgatway which was reasonably priced and had a great rooftop pool that the kids would love.

Seminyak was set up great for families- lots restaurants and a great beach. Ubud was a bit more rough round the edges but Bali is very accessible and you can always get a driver to take you on a tour of different places really cheaply.

bakingaddict Sun 22-Oct-17 14:54:52

Universal studios on Sentosa Island. There's also a water park there too.
Do the night zoo it's great fun
Jurong bird park and you can do a 3 in 1 type ticket for the zoo which also has a jungle river cruise where you see different types of animals. Not done this myself though.
Gardens by the bay which I didn't get a chance to go to. Hotels in Singapore are quite pricey but we stayed in the Mercure Roxy on the East Coast Rd. It was clean and decent for the price. We paid £80 a night but you can get a junior suite if you want separate sleeping areas for the kids. It was near Universal studios about 20 SD in a taxi, near a food court and shopping mall.

You can even pop across the causeway into Malaysia although JB isn't much to write home about but at least you can say you've done another country in a day

AnnaT45 Sun 22-Oct-17 15:03:04

Oh I'm glad I found this. We are planning to do this trip next year with a 3 and 1 year old, but we will prob split a week in Bali and a week in Singapore.

Thanks for all the info on here. I had no idea there was a universal! Great news!

swimster01 Wed 25-Oct-17 20:15:58

Singapore is great! Would add the Botanical Gardens to the list of what to see

JingleBellTime Wed 25-Oct-17 20:29:40

Singapore for 7 nights would be great, mine were about that age the first time we went.

I'm not a great lover of Bali but a week in Seminyak for the beach might work. We had a private villa right in the middle (behind the main supermarket) for a very reasonable price.

waxmytash Thu 26-Oct-17 08:06:12

Thanks everyone.

We have booked the flights and I only have 238 sleeps to go !!

Doing 3 Nights Singapore,7 nights Lombok then fly to Bali for 6 nights !!

Ridiculously Excited.

Haven't Booked accommodation yet but looking at villas in Lombok & Bali .

By booking independently we should be able to do the whole trip (less spends ) for less than 4.5k (for 4 of us) which considering a first choice holiday village in Rhodes would have cost us over 7k isn't too bad .................

KiaraS Sun 29-Oct-17 20:28:29

Bali won't disappoint and there's so much to see/ soak up/ savour on this gorgeous island. We fly there again in a couple of weeks. It's just fabulous! Enjoy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now