Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Luxury Maldives/Mauritius

(17 Posts)
Buckinghambae Fri 13-Oct-17 17:45:02

Planning our 10th wedding anniversary and want 7days somewhere exceptional. Solid budget (not Velaa but most 5*will be fine) where is knock your socks off heaven?

Move2yorkshire Fri 13-Oct-17 19:17:37

I have been to the Maldives a few times and my favourites were Six senses Laamu and niyama. Next Year we are going to soneva jani, which is more expensive but looks great

ImNotChangingMyUsernameAgain Fri 13-Oct-17 22:34:03

Check out Milaidhoo, a new resort in the Maldives. I left DH and DC at home in April for 5 days of peace and quiet and thought it was the most heavenly place.

sidesplittinglol Fri 13-Oct-17 22:41:53

I've not been to the Maldives but I hear it's stunning. Nice and relaxing.

I'm from Mauritius myself and I love the place (clearly biased winkgrin). They're both in the same ocean so the seas are just divine.

If it's just relaxation and tranquility you're after, Maldives would be ideal. Mauritius would be too depending on which part you're visiting but with things to do too. Depends what type of holiday you're after xxx

Stopyourhavering Sat 14-Oct-17 12:15:05

I've just returned from Seychelles....absolutely stunning....check out Constance Lemuria on Praslin....or in fact any of the Constance Hotels in Indian Ocean
www.constancehotels.com/en/

maitaimojito Sat 14-Oct-17 12:20:37

I second the Constance hotels and The Maldives are stunning!

stillvicarinatutu Sat 14-Oct-17 12:22:39

is there a direct flight to these places please?

Seeyamonday Sat 14-Oct-17 12:25:20

Baros in the Maldives, stunning and relaxing.

magicstar1 Sat 14-Oct-17 12:30:12

We're going for our tenth anniversary next year too, with another couple. Can any of you give an idea of price for the resorts above....there's a huge difference in prices when I look around.

Stopyourhavering Sat 14-Oct-17 13:12:33

We booked via Trailfinders who were very helpful and matched online prices
We flew Manchester- Dubai with Emirates, business Class on A380- fabulous experience 61/2 hr flight
Then Dubai to Mahe (41/2 hrs)
Mahe to Praslin on 16 seat Twin Otter plane...both dh and I love flying and see this as part of the adventure!
Stayed half board in Junior Suite at Lemuria ( good offers if staying for Anniversary- we got 1/3 off and £100/day room allowance)
Lemuria has 3 beautiful beaches and amazing tropical grounds.....food is gorgeous and staff are so attentive but not intrusive
We spent second week at Constance Ephelia on Mahe...another beautiful location ( not as 5* as Lemuria though)

dontcallmethatyoucunt Sat 14-Oct-17 19:45:06

Just priced Constance hotel.... 60k!!! For a week! A bit rich for my blood

Stopyourhavering Sat 14-Oct-17 20:13:05

It's not that price!.... only if you stay in the presidential villa!!

dontcallmethatyoucunt Sat 14-Oct-17 20:20:38

I nearly fell off my chair grin. It was a family villa.... is it better value via an agent?

Stopyourhavering Sat 14-Oct-17 21:05:20

Depends on when you're travelling/ how many of you- we certainly couldn't have afforded to go with family!.... although there were lots of families at Constance Ephelia shock
we got a v good deal as it was our 30th wedding anniversary tho and it was only the 2 of us ( first child free holiday in 24 yrs)
Travelbag is a good company to look at reasonable deals....but we went to trailfinders as we could discuss specific details face to face

sproutoclock Sun 15-Oct-17 07:29:04

BA are flying to the Seychelles from March 18. That would be my first choice.

The Maldives is perfect for the secluded private island vibe, we've been to dive and went a bit stir crazy after 5 days. But both times they were tiny island.

Mauritius is great for high end luxury hotels with lots to do. We've taken the DC and had wonderful holidays. I haven't stayed there but heard The Royal Palm is supposed to be great.

The Seychelles is IMO the most beautiful place on earth, particularly the out islands. Denis would get my vote.

Do be aware that the 12 hour flights are grim though, especially in E. I'd imagine that Club would be bare able.

Mupflup Sun 15-Oct-17 08:03:38

Velassaru is lovely for the Maldives and Le Touessrok for Mauritius

underneaththeash Tue 17-Oct-17 14:35:54

We stayed at the Constance Belle Mare Plage in Mauritius and it was very average. Wouldn't recommend..however, I would recommend BA holidays as they often have great deals online.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now