Talk

Advanced search

Florida - Miami area

(6 Posts)
Margomyhero Thu 12-Oct-17 18:21:01

I am looking for somewhere warm to spend my 50th birthday next February.

So far I am drawing a blank. In the past we've gone to various Canary Islands - due to school hols - but now it's just me and DH so we can go anytime.

I like to be able to go out driving around, seeing different towns, interesting sights, shops, restaurants etc. Don't want to just flop on a beach. Also have family in the USA so might do a two centre trip.

So I was just checking average temps and that area came up as being pretty pleasant at that time of year.

Anyone been? Suggestions of particular areas to choose?

mummymeister Fri 13-Oct-17 09:28:15

Florida keys is lovely and perfect for an adulty type break. its only a couple of hours drive from Miami airport and you can stay at the top of the keys and do all of the trips like everglades and snorkelling at john pennecamp then go down to the end of the keys for bars etc.

OliviaBenson Fri 13-Oct-17 09:32:10

I'd do a few nights at Miami Beach. You can visit the Everglades from there. Then onto the Keys. Key West is lovely.

childmaintenanceserviceinquiry Fri 13-Oct-17 09:37:52

Miami itself is gorgeous (or was). We stayed lots on South Beach, but easy transport elsewhere. I loved the Art Deco tours - did several. Never made it to the museums there as we had DC with us. Plenty to see. Loved just being able to walk around in the evening in warm weather!

The keys is very casual - not my thing. But each to their own.

Margomyhero Fri 13-Oct-17 12:20:17

Thanks. Sounds like it might be worth a trip smile

I will investigate further!

blueskyinmarch Fri 13-Oct-17 12:23:49

We went to Miami early March this year. We did Miami Beach first for the hustle and bustle then we hired a car and went to the Florida keys as we love wildlife and bird watching. The weather was perfect. Not too hot but lovely for wandering in shorts and sitting outside to eat.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: