Talk

Advanced search

Breakfast places in Boston

(23 Posts)
PhDPepper Mon 09-Oct-17 20:58:42

We’re off on our travels at the end of the month to Boston. We’ve got a hotel for a week in Backbay with no food included.

Can anyone recommend anywhere to go for breakfast?

We’re also going to Salem on Halloween is that a stupid thing to do? Will it be awesome or awful?

urbanrock Mon 09-Oct-17 21:27:18

Not sure if they do breakfast, but the cheesecake factory in the back bay is well worth a visit.

We stayed at the midtown hotel and there's a lovely cafe a few doors up where we had breakfast of waffles, eggs and coffee. There's another place opposite Boston common, had croissants, pastries etc. Hang on, I'll find out the names.

LivLemler Mon 09-Oct-17 21:35:02

DH lived in Boston for two years. If you're willing to travel, Zaftig's in Brookline (about 15 mins on the T) is incredible. Otherwise, you could stroll through the park and go to the Paramount on Charles St.

PhDPepper Mon 09-Oct-17 21:38:15

@LivLemler yeah we’re up for traveling! We don’t want crap food. Going to have a google now! Thank you.

I’ve found a bar with loads of ales on tap too about ten mins away on the T think DH will be happy!!

urbanrock Mon 09-Oct-17 21:38:39

Thornton's restaurant is on Huntington ave. There's also a small (cheap) place under the four seasons at Boston common, popular with students and workers. Can't find the name of it, but was good for a walk round the common after.

Salem will be busy, it's quite I rereading though. Not easy to drive to though. You'll need a good map!

Have fun, I'm very jealous as I love Boston.

LivLemler Mon 09-Oct-17 21:54:03

We took the train to Salem - not around Halloween so may be busy, but would save hassle of parking etc.

LivLemler Mon 09-Oct-17 21:55:29

Also - if you go to the cheesecake factory, get a burger. Otherwise, just go for cheesecake. The dinners are very hit and miss (apart from the burger which was among the nicest I've ever tasted).

Ashers40 Tue 10-Oct-17 13:54:06

Head to Newbury Street in Back Bay for lots of nice restaurants. We had breakfast one day at the Trident bookstore. Upstairs is a cafe serving great breakfasts.
www.tridentbookscafe.com/menu

Westcountrygemini Tue 10-Oct-17 21:48:48

Seconding Trident bookstore here, used to go there all the time when I briefly lived in Back Bay.

lucydogz Wed 11-Oct-17 14:49:23

Wish I could remember where we had our 1st breakfast in Boston. I just remember it was a diner. Anyway we chatted to the couple we were sharing a table with, they left, and when we went to pay we found they'd paid for our breakfast!

Chocolatear Sun 22-Oct-17 14:46:34

Fantastic tips!
We're off to Boston this week. And we're planning to spend Halloween in Salem!

HerRoyalNotness Sun 22-Oct-17 14:48:06

Get the Yelp app, do a search locally when you're there, you can filter for meal type and cost too

PhDPepper Sun 22-Oct-17 15:09:38

@Chocolatear that’s so exciting! We’re flying from Heathrow on Friday morning I can’t wait!

Chocolatear Sun 22-Oct-17 15:47:07

Gatwick on Friday afternoon for us!

CiderwithBuda Sun 22-Oct-17 16:09:31

Going on Thursday!

Also planning on Salem but thought we'd go on Friday rather than Halloween. We fly back on Monday evening too so makes it less of a rush.

We are staying in Back Bay too. Hotel 140.

Maybe we should wear the Mumsnet scarf! grin

PhDPepper Sun 22-Oct-17 16:27:53

Wow! Has either of you packed yet? @CiderwithBuda @Chocolatear I really can’t wait to go. We’re going to see a patriots game whilst we’re there I’ve told DH today and his face was priceless!

CiderwithBuda Sun 22-Oct-17 16:37:47

Not packed yet no. Waiting till closer to time to check weather. It was 23 and sunny one day this week!

No sporting events for us. I'm going with my sisters. Shopping, eating, sightseeing and lots of walking. Maybe an occasional glass of wine! wink

Can't wait. It's a city I've always wanted to visit.

PhDPepper Sun 22-Oct-17 16:43:23

@CiderwithBuda I know! I booked it because last year we went to Orlando and the heat was unbearable so I thought oh I’ll book somewhere nice and cool(ish) and it’s bloody 23 degrees! I think I’ll end taking a ton of random clothes and wearing the same thing for days... :/ haha!

Enjoy!

Chocolatear Sun 22-Oct-17 17:13:56

Thinking about what to take. I was expecting it to be cold, but it's warm out there isn't it.
We're staying with friends by the sea. Getting excited now!

Scotinoz Mon 23-Oct-17 13:48:27

It's very touristy, but Quincy Market has some tasty eats 🙂

And if you could please eat pizza at Regina Pizza I'd be very grateful. It's the best 🙂

CiderwithBuda Mon 23-Oct-17 13:50:00

Just checked the weather and it's looking ok. Temperatures similar to here really. 14 being the coolest and 18 the warmest.

PhDPepper Wed 25-Oct-17 23:41:20

Is 17 too cold for shorts?

PhDPepper Thu 02-Nov-17 23:23:11

@Scotinoz we had pizza today it was Soooo good!! I love it here!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now