Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Disney World Florida

(10 Posts)
highashormones Thu 05-Oct-17 13:33:55

We have 5 days in Disney with DS aged 8.

He's never been that 'into Mikey but feel we should do one of the Disney parks - which would you do? Also are the Universal & Harry Potter a day each?

Any other tips much appreciated!

Newtssuitcase Thu 05-Oct-17 13:40:28

disney is not really about Mickey. Are you having 5 days at disney itself but only doing one park? If you have five days I would do all four main parks. They are all very different.

Harry potter is split into two parts and one part is in each of the universal parks. you need tickets for both and you also need to bear in mind that the queues can be very long and so express passes are worth considering (but are v expensive).

Both disney and unversal park tickets are expensive and so I'd spend some time looking into it and planing if you're only doing one day at each.

Newtssuitcase Thu 05-Oct-17 13:41:47

If you are really only doing one disney park I'd do the magic kingdom. But Hollywood studios has the star wars stuff and avitar is in the animal kingdom.

Squaddielife Thu 05-Oct-17 14:17:45

We don't go until next year but if I had to choose one Disney park it'd have to be Magic Kingdom as for me, that's Disney. It's also where the Happily Ever After fireworks show is.
However, tickets are really expensive and i'm not sure how a day ticket would stack up for being cost effective.
Same with universal to be honest. A day each park there at least and if you want to ride the hogwarts express from one side to the other you have to have a park hopper ticket.

2014newme Thu 05-Oct-17 16:23:44

I'd do 1 day each in magic kingdom, Hollywood studios, animal kingdom, blizzard beach and typhoon lagoon at Disney. I would not bother with epcot. That's 5 days in Disney

Newtssuitcase Thu 05-Oct-17 16:26:10

Hmm, epcot is good for that age group though, Test track, mission space and soarin are three of the best rides. If the OP's DS was younger I'd maybe miss epcot though.

Newtssuitcase Thu 05-Oct-17 16:26:43

I'd only do one of blizzard beach and typhoon lagoon but would do epcot.

2014newme Thu 05-Oct-17 16:27:07

So you could just do one of the water parks and include epcot

BluthsFrozenBananas Thu 05-Oct-17 16:32:21

Unless you opt for park hopper tickets Hollywood studios isn't worth the entrance fee right now. They are having a massive rebuild and only have three rides open. The magic kingdom is the quintessential Disney park, castle, parades, characters, Epcot has a decent spread of things to do, but some children find the world showcase portion a bit dull, the animal kingdom is excellent and as its name suggests if your DS is an animal (and dinosaur) lover would go down well.

BluthsFrozenBananas Thu 05-Oct-17 16:37:06

My biggest piece of advice would be do research. There are many Disney planning sites online, I like all ears but the other one which gets recommended is I think called the dibs (?). Also watch YouTube videos of the parks and rides to get a feel for the place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now