Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Costa rica

(5 Posts)
motheroftwoboys Thu 05-Oct-17 12:24:38

Anyone been to Secrets in Costa Rica. Looking for an adult only half. Board or all inclusive resort for our 30th wedding anniversary next December. Must be in the sun!

Lily2007 Thu 05-Oct-17 19:49:36

Went to Costa Rica for 2 weeks this summer. Didn't stay at Secrets as went with the children but went passed it and it looked pretty amazing. Lovely place for a holiday, saw monkeys, raccoons, coati, held a sloth in the wild, lots of beautiful birds, rainforest etc, ziplining, hot springs etc.

Shesaysso Wed 08-Nov-17 22:15:52

Lily 2007 - what was the weather like? I'm keen to go in summer but the fact it's the rainy season is putting me off.

MondayTuesdayWednesday Thu 09-Nov-17 16:13:22

Lily2007, I would be interested in any recommendations for who you flew with and where you stayed. I have been looking at Costa Rica and it looks beautiful.

SJane45S Mon 13-Nov-17 16:33:40

We went in August last year to CR (not to Secrets so I'm no help on that!). The weather pattern was really warm mornings in the late 20's/very early 30's (except in San Jose which was colder ..and pretty ugly!) then a huge proper banging thunderstorm either in the afternoon or evening. We didn't mind it all - just make sure you've always got a brolly or waterproof - except when driving back one night over the mountains when it was just plain scary with zero visibility except for the lightening flashes! We stayed in San Jose, Arenal and Manuel Antonio. Tulemar in Manuel Antonio is a spectacular place to stay if you're looking at other options! Have fun & take lots of deet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now