Talk

Advanced search

A week in LA !!!

(9 Posts)
Mamabooksbabynumber2 Fri 22-Sep-17 12:38:00

I'm super excited as just booked my flight to see my friend in L.A. and looking for absolute musts to do that week please

chewiecat Fri 22-Sep-17 12:57:04

Disneyland!!! Best place on earthgrin I went before we had kids and loved every minute

Venice beach is good
Also the Griffiths observatory was nice to

AiryFairy1991 Fri 22-Sep-17 14:20:48

I agree with Disneyland and Venice Beach, I loved both! We also did a tour of Paramount Studios but I'm a bit of a film geek grin

SunSeptember Sun 24-Sep-17 15:12:22

The famous hotels, and restaurants

LoniceraJaponica Sun 24-Sep-17 23:02:45

Universal Studios - the proper studios.

DeliveredByKiki Wed 25-Oct-17 05:51:18

I live in LA and do the following for friends that come over:

Malibu - drive to Malibu Seafood and run across the PCH to eat it on the beach

Santa Monica Mountains - tons of amazing hikes and then have lunch in the Pacific Palisades

Venice - morning walk around the canals, lunch on Abbot Kinney (Plant Food and Wine is my fav restaurant in all of LA) then hit up the beach and boardwalk

DTLA - go to the Broad Art Museum, have lunch at Grand Central Market (vegan ramen is amazing as is the horribly overpriced macadamia nut milk lattes) then take yourself on a walking tour of the amazing buildings (keep out of Skid Row but the Fashion District is worth a punt). Stay on for evening cocktails at Perch and maybe catch a concert at the Walt Disney Comcert Hall

Pasadena - old town is lovely and great places to eat and drink, but spend a chunk of the day at the Huntington Library and Gardens. If there second Sunday of the month check out Rose Bowl Flea Market

South Bay - do a wee tour of the beach communities (Manhattan, Hermosa, Redondo) and check out in advance if going on the weekend because there’s usually a festival or volley ball contest going on which is fun

Go to the Getty Museum then do Mulholland Drive to the Observatory and do that

Steer clear of: Hollywood (it’s a shit hole), Santa Monica (so whitewashed and traffic is a nightmare), the Valley

We’ve been here for 6 years and have done universal once and Disney twice, there’s so much more to see and do including tons of galleries, loads of lovely beaches, hiking, biking, great food, vintage shopping

Curlybrunette Thu 26-Oct-17 21:52:45

We were there recently and spent a few hours in Long Beach. Stunning. I think I could happily have spent a week there!

I'd agree that Hollywood is a bit of a shithole but there's no way that I couldn't have gone! Now I've been I wouldn't feel the need to go back though.

Have a fab time x

Mamabooksbabynumber2 Fri 03-Nov-17 12:24:19

Thank you so much for all the replied. I've only just seen them. Not long now till I go eek!!

wifeyhun Fri 03-Nov-17 16:14:44

Have a lovely time Mama, we are going next August and would love to hear how you got on when you get back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now