Advanced search

Anyone used Norwegian air to go to New York as a family ??

(11 Posts)
Soupoftheday1975 Thu 21-Sep-17 08:14:43

We are thinking of going next year just the 2 of us or the 4 of us if we can find tickets. I have found cheap tickets with air Norwegian and I would love some feedvacks ! Thank you smile

Caulkheadupnorf Thu 21-Sep-17 08:15:32

Watching with interest as doing this early next year too.

Shiftymake Thu 21-Sep-17 09:17:38

Bil lives in NY and uses Norwegian and says its ok, personally not a fan of them though as there tends to be problems one way or another.

Curlybrunette Thu 21-Sep-17 09:33:54

There's a thread I've been on recently about Norwegian Air and I think the general feeling was that the food is not the best (and expensive) but generally they are fine :-)

I'm flying with them in 2 weeks so was pleased a thread appeared about them!

Curlybrunette Thu 21-Sep-17 09:37:50

Here's the link to the thread I was on:

BigSandyBalls2015 Thu 21-Sep-17 09:39:01

I flew to Ibiza with them this year and they were fab. Lovely clean new planes and free wifi

Lily2007 Thu 05-Oct-17 16:35:14

I flew with them when kids were 2 and 3 from Sweden to Denmark and had paid extra to pre book seats. When we arrived they had reallocated us different seats and had the 2 year old alone and the 3 year old alone but still charging us. hmm They did sort it but made Ryanair look amazing. Hopefully they've improved.

JellyBellies Thu 05-Oct-17 16:39:52

We used Norwegian air as a family to go to new York in the summer. It was good. If you want head phones or a blanket you need to pay for it, not much though. Planes were lovely and clean. We were able to sit together.

No problems really!

Curlybrunette Mon 09-Oct-17 19:33:28

We've just come home today from LA with Norwegian Air and I thought it was great. The planes were big, clean and a great selection of movies and TV shows.
We didn't pay extra for food (It was £25 which seemed a lot) but they also had a small selection of sandwiches/toasties etc. that you could buy on board.
I would definitely fly with them again

Ashers40 Tue 10-Oct-17 13:59:09

We flew to NY with them last summer. Really nice new planes. As i remember the entertainment selection was not as big as other airlines but not a big deal. For the price they were a good choice

Allthebestnamesareused Tue 10-Oct-17 14:32:25

My friend's DH is a pilot for Norwegian (and has worked at other airlines who force them to fly with the minimum fuel allowance whereas Norwegian doesn't). He prefers working for Norwegian as they operate in a safer manner.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now