Talk

Advanced search

East Coast USA - coast/lakes - multi generational trip with teens

(6 Posts)
ohjonsnow Thu 14-Sep-17 11:00:03

Hi All. Can anyone recommend a really cool location for a one week multi generational trip. Needs to be DC and north as too hot further south. Ideally needs to be some hilly road cycling around too, to keep dh happy. Teens will need others teens and watersports/fun things to do - maybe even a teens club they can get involved with. I will need a little village/town to go have coffee and people watch, cool enough for two very hip US twenty somethings. In my head the lake area in the film Grown Ups is the type of place, but I am sure there are lots of really lovely lake areas - they need a little hipness about them though for the twenty something girls. Thanks

OP’s posts: |
mummymeister Thu 14-Sep-17 14:22:05

We stayed in Oregon this summer. it wasn't too hot and there were lots of lakes and great places for older teens to hang out. As well as plenty of culture, vineyards etc for the oldies.

the area around the Hood river with all the watersports is fab.

somewhereovertherain Thu 14-Sep-17 20:28:57

Lake Superior in Michigan is cracking. Loved the UP

WegmansCookies Thu 14-Sep-17 20:34:48

Stowe, Vermont!! I've never been but they have summer/winter resorts there that are very hip, organic, etc. I've spent many summers in a different area of Vermont and it's gorgeous.

WegmansCookies Fri 15-Sep-17 06:49:26

www.talesofmeandthehusband.com/2017/08/magical-stay-stowe-mountain-lodge.html

This makes me want to go...

ohjonsnow Sat 16-Sep-17 14:25:24

oh thanks all - I'll look into those later. Any more detail on Lake Superior somewhereovertherain? what's the UP? blush

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in