Talk

Advanced search

Antigua with DC

(9 Posts)
Summersoul Sat 09-Sep-17 12:25:42

Hey MNers
We are looking at booking a trip to Antigua in Feb half term as we have always wanted to go. Has anyone got any tips or recommendations etc x also what is weather like at this time of year? Xxx

OP’s posts: |
2014newme Sat 09-Sep-17 13:35:10

Love antigua. Weather hot hot hot at that time of year. Went pre dc so can't recommended a hotel for dc im afraid. I've heard st James club is fine for kids if you don't need top end luxury.

StatueInTheSky Sat 09-Sep-17 13:37:03

Not sure there will be very much left to go look at tbh, have you seen the news?

2014newme Sat 09-Sep-17 13:42:45

Yes it may not be possible for next year due to severe damage

Gorgosparta Sat 09-Sep-17 13:44:27

I agree with pp.

I would wait until the weather passes to see whats left.

2014newme Sat 09-Sep-17 13:45:51

Prices for the inhabitable islands will be much higher next year

Summersoul Sat 09-Sep-17 15:02:51

Yes i have seen the news it's bloody terrible 😞 thanks for the advice guys I had not thought about impact on price I obviously wouldn't be booking anything until all is calm x

OP’s posts: |
sqidsin Sun 10-Sep-17 20:48:33

Interesting to see this thread as we are considering Antigua this Oct half term. We're looking for somewhere hot and interestingly prices for some long haul places (like Antigua) are similar to Canaries. I had concerns about the effects of Irma/Jose too but Antigua appears to have been lucky and not suffered much damage. Unlike Barbuda which I think is part of the same country. But I suppose it's a risk to go to that part of the world in October as the weather may not be great (and you may get another hurricane).

Anyway... I think for Feb you should be fine, and if I were you I'd start investigating prices etc now to see if you can get it booked before they do rise!

BubblesBuddy Tue 12-Sep-17 22:17:38

Usually Feb half term is the most expensive time to go other than Christmas/New Year. High season is December through to end March. Easter is easier on the pocket and the weather is just as good. I am surprised that Feb half term flights are available but I have no doubt that Antigua will want tourism to be maintained due to the expensive clean up in Barbuda.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in