Talk

Advanced search

Single mum going to orlando

(9 Posts)
Jimichoo Thu 07-Sep-17 08:40:28

Hi, I've booked to go to orlando in Feb 18 and now absolutely worried to death! What was I thinking.......8 days in universal just me and my son (14) and now im busting a gut to pay for it (which I will do) but really worried about how I'm going to cope just me and him for that long. He has ADHD so sometime she flys off the handle quickly and I can handle that at home, but so worried about the queues etc. Didn't want the fact I'm a single mum stop him from having a dream holiday, but forgot about my needs. Guessing it will be all loved up families and couples, and I will only have him to speak to. Any advice greatly rec vied

OP’s posts: |
Groovee Thu 07-Sep-17 08:47:48

You can get a disability pass which can help with the queuing if he cannot manage it.

On Facebook there are quite a few groups It's Orlando Time and Orlando Info Xone have recently had blogs from single parents. It may be worth joining and asking for advice from people who have done the holiday x

Jimichoo Thu 07-Sep-17 08:50:43

Thanks groovee will definitely do that 😊

Trampire Thu 07-Sep-17 09:00:13

I've just been to Universal. It's definitely not all lived up couples. Lots of families, but all made up of different sorts. You'll fit right in,
Definitely look at a disability pass. Often as a 2, you'll get bumped up the queue as the need to fill the spaces on the rides too.

Have fun. Harry Potter blew my mind! X

chatty1234 Thu 07-Sep-17 09:04:01

I've gone on my own with 2 teenagers. Definitely not loved up couples in fact more like couples arguing about queues etc.... definitely look into that pass and plan your day around that. You will have a great time don't worry

FreckledLeopard Thu 07-Sep-17 09:07:34

I've taken DD to Florida three times as a lone parent and we've had the most amazing time! Even if you can't get a disability pass, you can buy Express tickets which allow you to queue jump on all the main attractions at Universal/Islands of Adventure (they're pricey, but worth considering if you thinking queuing could be problematic).

Jimichoo Thu 07-Sep-17 09:16:44

Thank you 😊

Sunnydaysrock Fri 08-Sep-17 14:15:05

Lol I was just going to say your more likely to see hacked off families than loved up ones. It's hard work in the parks and the heat added means short fuses for some people! You'll love it and won't give a second thought to it being just the 2 of you. Have a great time. We can't wait to go back no July. The new King Kong area looks fab!

WhittlingIhopMonkey Sun 10-Sep-17 07:32:32

^wss

I've never seen so many screaming& tantrumming kids as I did in 'the happiest place on earth'!

You've nothing to worry about smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in