Talk

Advanced search

Anyone flown Turkish Airlines to Dubai

(6 Posts)
Tiredemma Mon 04-Sep-17 17:25:25

We plan to go out to Dubai in April/May next year to stay with Inlaws.

This year we got really a really good deal with Emirates direct from BHX but cant seem to find anything similar for next year. I have found a flight that is really reasonable with Turkish Airlines but has a 1hr 30 changeover in Istanbul. Direct flights are coming up about £120 more per person (theres 5 of us).

want to keep the costs down but have never flown with Turkish airline so not sure how good they are?

OP’s posts: |
Poshindevon Mon 04-Sep-17 18:16:31

I have flown Turkish airlines many times and will be flying again with them this month.
They have been voted Best European Airline for six consecutive years as of 2016.
In 2017 they were voted Best airline and best inflight catering.
I have not flown to Dubai but have had stop overs in Istanbul while waiting for a connection.
I highly recommend Turkish airlines.

PestoSwimissimos Mon 04-Sep-17 18:26:07

We flew with Virgin Atlantic last time we went there. They've got a sale on now too.

LoniceraJaponica Wed 06-Sep-17 22:33:00

I flew with Turkish Airlines many years ago and they were fine. My concern would be that a 1.5 hour connection is cutting it a bit fine. What if your flight to Istanbul is delayed?

Onlylivetwice Sat 09-Sep-17 08:40:24

Turkish Airlines are excellent.
Istanbul airport is fine -
Modern, well organised though I've never transferred there only been through.
Worth the saving if you have the time.

Oldowl Sat 09-Sep-17 08:40:41

We flew with Turkish this summer to Cape Town via Istanbul. Excellent airline. We actually had a 3 day stop over in Istanbul on the way out- a beautiful city, great food and we felt extremely safe.

We had a 2 hour transfer on the way back, but our flight was ahead of schedule so it ended up being 3.5 hours. Transferring is very quick and straight forward at Istanbul.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in