Talk

Advanced search

Hawaii

(5 Posts)
finderkeeper Wed 30-Aug-17 19:44:48

Thinking of going for 2 weeks at the end of January with 4 year old ds. Any tips?

Which island? Nice places to stay visit?

OP’s posts: |
SorrelForbes Wed 30-Aug-17 19:48:20

I can definitively recommend Oahu. Waikiki will be great beach at that time of year and you can do trips around the island and/or drive up to North Shore to see the big waves and watch the surfers.

I haven't been to the other islands yet but have heard good things about Big Island (lots to do!).

Youreadthebabybooks Wed 30-Aug-17 19:49:04

We went to Maui which was incredible ! Stayed in the four seasons which was fab not sure there was much for kids but wasn't looking
The island is absolutely stunning
We did honululu first which was more touristy

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 30-Aug-17 21:51:08

What routing are you thinking of doing to arrive there?. You will have to change planes. Most people tend to go there from the UK via San Francisco or Los Angeles and fly onwards the next day (the flight time is around 6 hours from the US Mainland).

Oahu is the island that most first time visitors to the Hawaiian Islands visit. Waikiki is nice at that time of year and you can indeed see the big waves at the North Shore if conditions are right; the North Shore is a quieter part of Oahu. The Dole Pineapple plantation is also worth visiting, your son would probably like their Pineapple Express train.

twingygirl Wed 30-Aug-17 23:00:42

Disney's Aulani on Maui is pretty fantastic, but pricey. There are tons of fantastic kid friendly resorts and/or hotels on Maui. My favorite areas are Kaanapali or Wailea.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in