Talk

Advanced search

Kuala Lumpur in April with a 5 month old

(4 Posts)
PrincessaCarrisi Tue 29-Aug-17 13:08:50

My DH and I will be flying from the UK to Australia in April with our DD who will be about 5 months old.

Anyone have any advice on KL with a baby?

I'm more worried about the heat, and how to travel long haul with a baby - so I guess anyone with any experience of kids in SE Asia would be appreciated.

We are staying in a hotel for 3 nights near Berjaya Times Square.

OP’s posts: |
Scotinoz Wed 30-Aug-17 10:35:36

Not KL specifically, but we've taken our 2 to Singapore, Brunei and Dubai A's stop offs to and from Australia.

It's fine - everywhere inside is air condition, mooch in the shade at the pool, and be aware they might want to feed more. If they're breastfed, you just have to feed more as breastmilk adjusts (apparently) but if formula fed, I believe you should offer water now and again (although I didn't formula feed so I'm not a reliable source!)

Great age to travel with though 😀

Scotinoz Wed 30-Aug-17 10:38:36

As for long haul travel. Feed, sleep, entertain as necessary. Much easier than with an unruly 2 year old 😅 Take spare clothes in hand luggage, Sod's law they will vomit on you. And more nappies than you imagine. A colleague once had a horror incident of being stuck on the runway in Auckland with a six month old for 9 hrs (the flight was only 4). Carnage apparently! So I've always prepared for the worst!

PrincessaCarrisi Fri 01-Sep-17 10:11:55

Thanks Scot!
I'm alternating between dreading the whole thing and going it will be fiiiiiiiiine.
It will be fine!
Travelling with a 2 year old is a future problem that I'm ignoring for now!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in