Talk

Advanced search

Florida holiday

(7 Posts)
Esfrey Wed 16-Aug-17 14:02:04

Want to take my girls (6&8) to Florida, any parks you would recommend/avoid, and do I have to drive or can I get to all the parks other ways, thanks x

OP’s posts: |
jimijack Wed 16-Aug-17 14:08:53

Magic kingdom.
Universal studios
Water parks,
If you stay at a Disney hotel there are shuttle bus services put on to get you to the parks and back.

What time of year are you thinking?

Esfrey Wed 16-Aug-17 14:17:37

Was thinking march

Jennypug Wed 16-Aug-17 14:27:39

I'd do a little reading into Spring Break time for the US. I've no idea when it will be but from my research it's a time to avoid in terms of how busy the parks get.
In Disney World itself I think Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom are the best for younger children as well as the water parks. Also Universal Studios is great especially if they're in anyway interested in Harry Potter.
We have always hired a car in Florida but most of the hotels do have shuttle services. If you stay on site at Disney they have pretty decent, free transport.

jimijack Wed 16-Aug-17 15:03:57

Yes agree, if it's like summer holidays, think 2 hours plus queuing for a 2 minute ride in 30° heat. Massive queues for everything.

Have a look at the dibb, tonnes of info on that website.

Esfrey Wed 16-Aug-17 15:39:17

Thanks for your responses 😊

glenthebattleostrich Wed 16-Aug-17 15:54:39

Easter is meant to be the busiest time so we have booked for the week after, saved quite a bit on hotel and got free dining with our Disney hotel. I think theres also a $100 giftcard at the minute too.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in