Talk

Advanced search

Thailand in September

(7 Posts)
foodiefil Tue 08-Aug-17 15:48:10

Looking at a few nights in Bangkok then a week on Koh Samui.

My question is - what will the weather be like?

It's for a special birthday with my DP and I want something memorable and neither of us have been but also want some lying on the beach and sightseeing etc!

Will it be miserable?

Thanks

OP’s posts: |
SamBee1 Wed 09-Aug-17 17:07:18

No, the weather will not be miserable! If you'd have travelled to the West Coast (Phuket side) you'd be in the middle of rainiest months, but Koh Samui side generally rains Mid Oct-Mid December (and it really rains in November - the airport closes often).

But - we were in Samui in April and had unseasonal rains - Asia has been odd this year weather wise. 3 days of non stop rain, and it should have been perfect.

You'll have an amazing time, good time to go for prices as well. Holler if you have any questions!

foodiefil Wed 09-Aug-17 18:24:23

Aww thanks so much for your reply. Looking at staying around Bophut? If you know it.

Or if you have any other recommendations for where to stay for a couple who like relaxing and a bit of luxury but also a bit of a buzz - a good atmosphere in a bar!

Thank you. And phew relieved about the weather but yeah sounds like it's having a funny year...

SamBee1 Fri 11-Aug-17 09:54:38

Yup - i've stayed on BoPhut a few times. If you don't have the kids with you, have a look at Zazen Resort - not kid friendly, but amazing food, and quiet as at end of beach.

It's my favourite by far, but lots of other places on BoPhut as well. It's a good base as lovely beach and at nighttime transforms itself as lots of local restaurants set up on the beach. Hope that helps!

foodiefil Fri 11-Aug-17 19:24:20

Booked! Booked Zazen too. Thank you 😊

SamBee1 Mon 14-Aug-17 14:30:06

No worries - you'll love it - say hello to Alex & Ti for me, they will look after you well.

And you'll eat oh so well ;)

whirlycurly Wed 16-Aug-17 21:18:57

We wandered past zazen when we were there in April (luckily arrived the day the rain stopped) and said we'd love to go there next time. Looks gorgeous. You'll have a great time smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in