Talk

Advanced search

Tell me where to go on holiday next summer

(4 Posts)
IHaveCausedConfusionAndDelay Thu 13-Jul-17 21:51:29

Thinking about a big holiday for next year and can't decide where to go.

We'll be going for 3 weeks. Ds's will be 6 and 2.5. Ideally like to go beyond Europe, dh is never allowed more than 2 weeks off from work. With this in mind we were planning on doing first week with my dm and boys, then dh joining us for week 2-3.

My dm had never been outside of Europe and we'd love to treat her to somewhere different that she'd really enjoy. She's very fit and claims she would hate AI but think she could be persuaded if there were lots of nice excursions.

I've been to Costa Rica and Thailand before and think boys would love it but maybe they'd be too young to really enjoy it?

Any suggestions for any other places/ ideas pretty please smileflowers

OP’s posts: |
Teds77 Fri 14-Jul-17 12:20:08

I really want to take my two to Costa Rica! I reckon your eldest would love it but I'm not sure whether your youngest would get the most out of it.

I'd really recommend the States or Canada. For me they provide some amazing landscapes and great cities that are different to here whilst they are really easy to travel in with kids.

We visited California last year and we're heading to the Pacific Northwest this year. Have a vague hope of convincing DH to do Alaska next year!!

mummymeister Fri 14-Jul-17 18:13:04

wherever you decide make sure you know what jabs etc are required and if you are happy with that for young children. also mosquitos and the heat. Personally I just don't think seriously young children get a lot out of exotic holidays. you would be better off saving costa rica or Thailand for when they are both older and can get a bit more out of it.

IHaveCausedConfusionAndDelay Fri 14-Jul-17 21:42:12

TBH I don't really mind if the kids don't 'appreciate' it, as long as they have a good time. It's more that we really want to treat my dm - she's been ill for a long time, is now well and in great health but it makes you realise things aren't forever.

I hadn't really considered the states but that might be a really good call - maybe do Yosemite and a couple of other places.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in