Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Boston USA with associated road trip... inspire us

(4 Posts)
yikesanotherbooboo Sun 02-Jul-17 19:02:34

Rethinking our holiday... considering a return flight to Boston and car hire with a couple of days in Boston at start or end.
On a bit of a budget
Like the look of mount Washington and some coast...
DH , me and DS16...
Like a bit of pottering and a day or two in wilderness, don't mind driving but perhaps a day of two staying in 3/4 places?
Any must see/ dos... can we do it in 10 days or do we nee 2 weeks?
Planning to leave on or around the 5 August so popular accommodation will be booked up... particularly at the seaside. Is this a major problem? We want cleanliness and comfort but not luxury and will probably all sleep in 1 room

RusholmeRuffian Sun 02-Jul-17 21:04:02

The Maine coast is amazing and I would highly recommend it as a road trip destination! If coastal accommodation is looking pricey just have a look at places further inland. It's just a place to sleep! I would definitely try and visit Acadia National Park and Bar Harbor. Kennebunkport is also lovely.

Latenightreader Sun 02-Jul-17 21:14:03

I loved Nantucket. The youth hostel there is amazing - it's the old lifeboat station. There is a ferry from Hyannis, which has a small museum (mostly Kennedy photos when I was there last) nice cafés etc.

BubblesBuddy Thu 06-Jul-17 23:16:14

Just drive up the coast from Boston. Cape Cod will be rammed! The small towns are lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now