Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Single Parent... Florida 2018 help needed!

(3 Posts)
Charli24 Mon 19-Jun-17 19:45:39

Hi,

Im new to Mumsnet, joined as I really need some advice lol...
So I am hoping to book to go to Florida next August, originally it was going to be my self, my son, brother and sister but unfortunately my brother and sister are no longer interested in coming... I still want to go but i have just had a look and the package holidays have doubled for the two of us (It really annoys me that they do that, but that's a rant for another day 😂).

The flights for next Aug haven't been realised yet... is that my best option?
Has anyone (doesn't have to be a single parent family) booked separately? Which sites would you recommend?

Thank you in advance smile

Char

ChocolateDoll Tue 20-Jun-17 23:31:19

You can often find great hotel deals on Expedia, if you can manage to get good flight prices separately.
August is an expensive time for flights, but you'll find that accommodation in Florida is pretty cheap that time of year (not least because of all the rain, and hurricane potential confused).

Notnastypasty Wed 21-Jun-17 00:26:54

I'm a single parent and have just come back from Florida with my DD, we had an amazing time! She's 8 and it's the first time we've been away just the two of us but it was a brilliant holiday. If you book a package through virgin, Thomson etc you can book now. When I've priced it up it always seems that booking it as a package is around the same cost as booking direct flights and hotels separately. Only seems cheaper if you're ok with flying indirect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now