Talk

Advanced search

Disney World Resort recommendation pleeeeease!

(7 Posts)
NotWeavingButDarning Thu 08-Jun-17 16:31:07

Omg I am so confused.

We're off to Orlando in August for about 10 days. We're meeting friends for a week, but I have decided to have a splurge and take the DC (age 6 and 9) to stay at a Disney Resort for the first 3 days.

One day we will be at a park (not sure which), one day Disney Springs and two half days at the beginning and the end loafing about at the resort.

The Disney website is not my friend here, as it doesn't seem to give much of an impression of what each place is like, and of course it's not going to draw any attention to any negatives, so I was wondering if anyone has personal experience either fabulous or ummmm....not) of any of the following:
Caribbean Beach Resort
Port Orleans (either bit)
Dolphin/Swan
Wilderness Lodge
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Jambo House

Any experiences of any of these would be great to hear - my eyes are going fuzzy from looking at the choices!!!

OP’s posts: |
MrsELM21 Thu 08-Jun-17 16:37:21

I used to work at the Swan & Dolphin, it's lovely, big pool, lots of restaurants even its own mini beach, also right in the centre of things so plenty to do/easy to access, it is enormous though, 2307 rooms I think, don't book through any sort of package company, much cheaper to book direct

Oleopry Thu 08-Jun-17 16:38:26

Port Orleans Riverside is lovely and you can travel to Disney Springs on a boat directly there and back. Animal Kingdom Lodge will be more expensive but is a pretty stunning hotel and has the rooms overlooking the savannah so plenty of animals to watch. I haven't stayed at Wilderness lodge but have visited and it also looks to be a lovely resort! Try asking on The Dibb website for lots of info about Disneyworld.

WindwardCircle Thu 08-Jun-17 16:41:01

If money is no object I'd pick a savanna view room at the Animal Kingdom lodge.
My other top picks would be the Grand Floridian or the Polynesian, but they are $$$$$.

Going down a tear I'd go for either the Yacht Club or the Beach Club on the Boardwalk, one of them has a mini water park but I can't remember which one, worth checking out though. After that I would go for Port Orleans or Wildness Lodge.

NotWeavingButDarning Thu 08-Jun-17 17:03:39

Good tips, thank you all.

I looked at the Grand Floridian and Polynesian ones too Windward but it's not going to happen this trip, too $$$$. Maybe next year will be excellent at work and we can go then grin.

Definitely going to look for the mini water park one!

The Swan and Dolphin was definitely the unknown - don't seem to be able to get room rates without ringing them, but firsthand knowledge is great so thank you MrsElm

Heading off to TheDibb now, thank you OleOpry!

OP’s posts: |
Annebronte Thu 08-Jun-17 19:48:06

Yacht and Beach Clubs share the mini water park pool: Stormalong Bay. We've stayed there and highly recommend. Location great, between Epcot and Hollywood Studios and right by Boardwalk. Ideal for relaxing resort time plus you can stroll to Epcot World Showcase for dinner in different 'countries'. Swan/ Dolphin are right next to the Yacht Club and I expect they'll be cheaper. They have the same fab location, but the pools won't be quite so good (though still great, I'm sure). They do check magic bands on way into Stormalong Bay, so non-guests can't use it.

2014newme Sun 11-Jun-17 09:56:39

We stayed at beach club the pool there is the best in wdw in my opinion. Swan and dolphin are next door although they are not actually Disney owned

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in