Talk

Advanced search

Add on holiday to Las Vegas break

(7 Posts)
AndWhat Tue 06-Jun-17 11:19:07

My DH is going to Las Vegas next year for a short men's only break. The dates agreed by the large group are the first 4 days of our planned 2 weeks holiday.
So to save my DH coming all the way back to the UK then flying out somewhere as a family we are considering meeting somewhere for our holidays.
Not got a huge budget so don't think we could afford meeting in Florida or California is there somewhere in between? Or is it a silly idea?

OP’s posts: |
iseenodust Tue 06-Jun-17 11:26:57

Check out the Norwegian Air website. If you already know your dates you could grab bargain flights to Orlando/Miami/New York when they release next year's.

specialsubject Tue 06-Jun-17 13:12:00

Loads of wonderful national parks relatively nearby.

There is a reason that few tourists go to the flat square states in the middle of the us. If he can afford a four day pissup and gamble in vegas and the flights, how come there's no cash for the rest of you?

Dizzybacon Tue 06-Jun-17 13:34:29

I would be suggesting he sucks it up and flies home. 4 days in Vegas, he is going to a tired, hungover mess for a week after anyway!

AndWhat Tue 06-Jun-17 14:43:10

Thanks for the replies, there is cash special just probably not the £5k quote for Florida more like £2.5k. The other option is I take DS by myself somewhere by myself grin

OP’s posts: |
JWIM Tue 06-Jun-17 15:01:07

Howabout meeting in Chicago? We have taken DC (early/mid teen) there and there is plenty to do in the city and on Lake Michigan.

iseenodust Tue 06-Jun-17 15:04:44

I would forget Orlando as you will get sucked into spending a fortune at Disney. You say you got a quote? For a package? Seriously book flights yourself to Miami and find yourself some decent but cheap accommodation slightly out of town. Or also get flights to Vegas so your DH is not paying any more for flights, go self-catering & visit Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam etc.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in