Talk

Advanced search

Anyone flown with a 2/3 year old whirlwind recently?

(10 Posts)
handsfree Tue 30-May-17 21:27:50

Ds will be 2.11 when we fly (8 hours)
Just wondered if anyone had flown recently and had any good toy recommendations? He can barely sit still for 30 seconds so I need to find some serious distraction!

Thanks smile

2014newme Wed 31-May-17 19:23:28

Mine used to like stickers.
Obviously to stick on paper not on the walls.
On some flights they won't let you toddle around tge aisles as they are constantly in use with service trollies, on others they are more flexible.
Take snacks and bits from the pound shop, wrapped up.
Ipad or dvd
Encourage sleeping

mummymeister Thu 01-Jun-17 09:41:23

go to your local charity shop and buy a dozen or so little toys, books etc. wrap each one up very tightly in Christmas paper - lots of it. put them in a special bag. every hour let your child pick one of the things to open and play with. this really works and you can hype it all up as much as possible. then on the way back, rewrap and play guess what it is before unwrapping. the best cheap and easy trick I learnt when travelling with many small children!

RedSandYellowSand Thu 01-Jun-17 09:55:12

TV. Endless hours of Disney films on a tiny aeroplane screen. My youngest even did it without the headphones.

elvesareneverhappy Thu 01-Jun-17 09:59:33

Snacks. Loads and loads of snacks. Mine refused airplane food and she gets worse when she is hungry. So she ate pom bears and raisins throughout the flight.

noenergy Thu 01-Jun-17 17:01:07

I always try to fly at night so they will sleep. If not possible then sticker books, toys from pound shop and download CBeebies episodes on iPlayer kids.

Iamastonished Thu 01-Jun-17 22:52:57

Just make sure he doesn't kick the seat in front of him - pretty please.

shewolfmum Fri 09-Jun-17 22:02:50

Mine runs up and down up and down....

00alwaysbusymum Mon 26-Jun-17 23:06:09

Snacks and tablet or screen

Not snacks that melt like chocolate 🍫

Stickers

Crayola do some dry wipe pens in colours, so we bought a dry wipe board from pound shop

PoptartPoptart Sun 16-Jul-17 23:04:20

Drug him so he sleeps grin
Only joking before anyone pounces on me!
Lots of snacks as someone suggested. iPad with CBeebies games and podcast stories.
Good luck op. Remember that every minute spent on the flight is a minute closer to getting off!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now