Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sri Lanka

(10 Posts)
smearedinfood Tue 30-May-17 17:30:53

Yes I know it's having major flooding at the moment but I'm thinking of in a years time with the family, the boys will be 4 and 7.

Any tips?

londonpia Tue 30-May-17 17:34:29

When and where? We visited SL last summer with our DS's- 8 and 4. Pm me if you want info

smearedinfood Tue 30-May-17 17:38:56

We were thinking not during Ramadan.

I want to hang out with Elephants (not ride them).

londonpia Tue 30-May-17 17:46:09

We went to Minneriya, which was a great day. A bit of waiting around but it wasn't too bad. We were there in August so we saw quite a few. You'll be in the blazing sun so definitely take hats and top up on sun cream. Anywhere else catch your eye? The food is amazing!

Annebronte Fri 02-Jun-17 22:45:40

Have a look at the Selective Asia website: they have really handy maps showing weather each month and good places to go. We've used them twice to book Far East trios and they are great (and good value).

ShangriLaLaLa Fri 02-Jun-17 23:06:24

Whatever you do, try to climb Sigirya. I am old and was prompted to do so by my love of Duran Duran videos in the 80's. 😮 So worth it. Fine with small children with a bit of extra help but a real experience. You feel like you're on top of the world. Sublime. Best hotel is the Habarana Lodge. Visit to Kandy is recommended too - we stayed in The Citadel which was traditional and not too flashy. We loved it and are sure you would too.

smearedinfood Mon 05-Jun-17 10:33:30

Thank you!

smearedinfood Mon 05-Jun-17 11:34:12

Anyone been to Galle, is it nice?

ProfessorLayton1 Tue 06-Jun-17 16:33:57

Think about Kerala India - elephants, back water boat ride with your own chef cooking for you and your family, beautiful temples. Not sure about the beach.. grew up SE coast of India so never done a beach resort type holiday there.
Wherever you go you will have a good time.

Annebronte Wed 07-Jun-17 21:57:41

Galle Fort is lovely and well worth at least a day trip. Beautiful walk around old walls and lots of lovely little streets full of nice shops, cafes etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now