We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

New York recommendations

(5 Posts)
Pressie9 Mon 29-May-17 21:15:23

Looking to book a trip to New York. Any ideas? Advice? When is the best time to go? How long for?

ThreeForAPound Mon 29-May-17 21:17:00

Personally, I love NYC in the summer, but its very very hot and humid, so most tourists avoid. Early autumn is lovely - like British summer time weather.

How long for depends on budget (NYC isnt cheap) and what you want to do.

Tell me more and I shall advise grin

2014newme Mon 29-May-17 21:18:43

We took our kids for five nights we all loved it. Then flew to Caribbean

Pressie9 Mon 29-May-17 22:13:45

Caribbean sounds fab was that expensive?

queribus Tue 30-May-17 13:03:50

I'm in NYC right now with Dh and two dc, 12 and 8. We've walked about 15 miles a day so far, staying for four nights. We are staying on upper West side - nice neighbourhood, lots of restaurants, two blocks from central park.

Metropolitan museum of art was amazing, love wandering in central park and down 5th avenue, Lexibgton for posh shops! Top of the Rock is fab. It looks a bit old and clunky compared to the shiny one world observatory, but that keeps the view behind glass and IMHO isn't the same as being up high outside.

Had lunch not far from 9/11 memorial with views of Ellis island and the statue of liberty (done stated island ferry before which is a good way to see statue for free). Natural history museum is massive and fun. Eating is good, but very expensive at the moment. Riverside Park is nice enough. Soho good fir wandering. We saw the highline from a cab!

It's not cheap, but great fun!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now