Talk

Advanced search

Same room higher price?

(8 Posts)
PutTheBunnyBackInTheBox Mon 29-May-17 15:53:31

I have a holiday booked for South America in a month. I booked it about 8 months ago online. When I booked it you had your standard price and then options to upgrade your room. I booked what I thought was an upgraded room, based on the price being £1200 more. I found out today that the room is exactly the same as the lower price one. Apparently, the lower price is a promotional price and the higher price is the standard rate. Once the promotional priced rooms sell out you can only book one at the standard price. There was no mention of this on the website and both rooms and prices were there so I booked the higher price thinking it was a better room.

Can I query this or is it my own stupid fault blush

SavoyCabbage Mon 29-May-17 15:59:03

So were there three prices when you booked?
Eg
£100 for a room on special offer
£130 for a room not on special offer
£150 for a fancy room

PutTheBunnyBackInTheBox Mon 29-May-17 16:00:12

There were more than 3. You could get a suite, a swim up suite, resort view, garden view etc.

PutTheBunnyBackInTheBox Mon 29-May-17 16:02:29

Btw it is a package with flights included. It stated the basic price with the basic room and all the options for different rooms.
E.g. garden view +£490

RBtraveller Mon 29-May-17 16:05:28

I think it will be too late now.

Weren't the descriptions of the two rooms the same? Or were you told by an agent? Then you might have some come back if you can prove it.

PutTheBunnyBackInTheBox Mon 29-May-17 16:13:29

The descriptions were the same Yes, but the rooms are in different blocks, some are better than others. It didn't state on the website that one was the promotional offer so I didn't realise. I'm just so annoyed I played £1200 more for the same room! I'm a complete idiot.

Puffpaw Mon 29-May-17 16:19:10

Usually if you pay more you have more flexibility with cancelling. Could you cancel and rebook?

PutTheBunnyBackInTheBox Mon 29-May-17 16:21:30

I looked at that but the flight is full now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now