Talk

Advanced search

BA World Traveller Plus, reviews?

(18 Posts)
TiredyMcTired Mon 29-May-17 12:37:01

Hi,
We've booked to fly to Tampa this summer with BA, and chose WTP for the added comfort. There will be 2 of us, 2 adults and one 8 year old.

I can't find many recent reviews of the BA world traveller plus and was hoping that mumsnetters who have used World traveller plus might be able to tell us what it's like?

We have one daytime flight and nighttime on the way back.

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 29-May-17 16:19:11

If you know the type of aircraft you will be flying on then I would look at seatguru's website for further information. The newer style WTP is actually quite decent (its currently on the A380, Boeing 787 and Boeing 777-300ER) and they are still refurbishing their Boeing 777-200 and 767 aircraft.

There are less rows (usually 4) in WTP and they tend to be 2-4-2 in formation. There is no toilet in that section; you will need to use the toilets in Economy (WT).

Seats tend to be wider, you've got a slightly larger overhead bin space and you do get more leg room but the arm rest does not move. Unlike in economy you can take two pieces of hand luggage on board with you and you can check up to two bags into the hold. I have found it fine for both outbound and return flights from the US.

HTH

Puffpaw Mon 29-May-17 16:27:12

Better than economy that's for sure, and not much more money. Totally worth it. Don't ever go business class though, it's very hard to go back smile I got thoroughly spoilt in a job that involved lots of travel and a generous travel budget. Now have champagne tastes and beer money. 🥂

TSSDNCOP Mon 29-May-17 17:13:47

I've traveled WTP several times, a.one and with DS10 and would definitely recommend it.

danTDM Mon 29-May-17 17:16:31

Crikey, B.A. After the latest fiasco?

TiredyMcTired Mon 29-May-17 21:54:19

Thanks everyone. Good to hear it's worth it, my DH is 6ft and we just wanted a bit more comfort. The plane layout that we were given is a 2-4-2 arrangement, and just 4 rows in the WTP section.
I'm sorry, I don't know what HTH means?
What I have I missed about BA, a fiasco?????

TiredyMcTired Mon 29-May-17 21:55:12

Actually, it's 3 rows at 2-4-2...

Snap8TheCat Mon 29-May-17 21:57:21

Hth means hope that helps.

TiredyMcTired Mon 29-May-17 21:59:33

Ah! Thank you! blush

SurfacingTrunk Mon 29-May-17 22:14:48

How can you not have heard about their computers going down and tens of thousands stranded travellers?!!

TiredyMcTired Mon 29-May-17 23:10:48

I wasn't aware of the BA problems... recent family bereavement, plus another family member ill in hospital, on top of juggling the usual day to day stuff means I have barely seen or read any news lately.

Iflyaway Mon 29-May-17 23:14:43

Why would you fly BA any time soon??!

Iflyaway Mon 29-May-17 23:18:22

Tired... maybe on the B.A. Board of Directors? LOL

Snap8TheCat Tue 30-May-17 07:34:33

Don't be such an arse, she just explained why she didn't know.

bojorojo Thu 01-Jun-17 00:25:54

I would still fly BA. I bet they won't have the problem again and we have always been happy with them. At least you get to sit together, unlike Ryanair!

Chewbecca Sun 04-Jun-17 18:28:22

Actually BA can be tricky about sitting together now, if you don't have 'status' in their exec clubs you have to pay to check in and pre book your seats and when we went to do so at Easter, we found they were almost all full. The service is not as inclusive as it used to be.

Anyway, I think the seats are worth the extra ££, they are wider and there is a little footbar thing that allows you to put your legs a little straighter & I found that helped a lot. The food is a little better too... unless they run out as they did on our Easter trip so just gave DS the WT meal without batting an eyelid.

WhatHaveIFound Mon 05-Jun-17 10:40:48

We're flying BA to San Francisco in the summer and i've booked World Traveller Plus for the journey home. We're upstairs on an A380 as i've booked seats for the Tranatlantic sectors but not the domestic.

Am a bit anxious about the whole trip to be honest as the BA flight is always the first to be cancelled at my local airport plus BA's recent IT crash and the fact that my DH is now working until 1am on the day we fly. Will be looking forward to getting there and finally relaxing!

bojorojo Mon 05-Jun-17 18:03:58

I think flying from Heathrow is better. There has been a list published of the least reliable airlines before the power was switched off to the BA computer and other cheap operators were more unreliable. I think Norwegian were worst. Upstairs cabins are great! A world of their own.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now