Talk

Advanced search

New York and where? June/July 2018

(8 Posts)
Zaor Sat 27-May-17 15:35:22

Hi All, we (me, DH, DS15, DD11)want to spend a few days in New York followed by some time in a villa/house with a pool near a beach - we would love to try snorkeling. I was also thinking of trying to fit in a few days in the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania as we drove though there years ago and loved it. Was thinking of North Carolina? Virginia? Somewhere not too far south. Don't mind driving/train or internal flight. Probably 2.5/3 weeks in total.
Any advice appreciated as Im not familar with the cost at all.
Thanks

Hulababy Sat 27-May-17 15:42:22

We did Washington, New York and then onto Antigua; and also New York, Cape Cod and Boston. Both great holidays.

JWIM Sat 27-May-17 20:56:25

Washington is a great city and the train from NY is efficient (DD did it earlier this year).

Could then go south to South Carolina - Hilton Head. We have done an internal flight to the island. It is a shortish drive to Savannah which is an interesting place to visit and you can sit on the bench in Forest Gump.

MadisonAvenue Sat 27-May-17 21:04:38

Washington is lovely. The excellent free museums, the White House, Capitol Building, Lincoln Memorial etc are all within walking distance of each other. It's around 3 hours by train from Penn Station, nice journey and the trains are so much more comfortable than those we have here.

Merhaba Sat 27-May-17 21:10:16

You could make your way to the Outer Banks (NC) via Washington, but you'd need a car for the last bit of the journey. Norfolk VA and Richmond VA are the last two big cities on the way south.

2014newme Sun 28-May-17 04:42:09

We did nyc and then Caribbean Mexico combo was brilliant

Zaor Tue 30-May-17 19:25:16

Thanks everyone. I'm off for my happy time checking out all your suggestions :-)

bojorojo Thu 01-Jun-17 00:36:15

I would go to NY, get the train to Boston, stay in Boston and then hire a car and go to Cape Cod for the beach. Fly back from Boston. You could also drive around New England and up the coast as well for scenery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now