Talk

Advanced search

If you have flown since the electronics ban

(3 Posts)
hellokittymania Mon 22-May-17 21:23:20

Can you tell me how things work and what you are actually allowed to bring on the plane in your hand luggage? Can you take a CD player in your hand luggage?

Also, where exactly are the route that do not allow iPad? The routes that concerned me are the UK to the US and the UK to southeast Asia possibly you sing Singapore airlines, Emerite, or Cathay Pacific.

If you have put your electronics in your suitcase, how did you wrap them so that they don't break?

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 23-May-17 07:05:23

You will not be affected.

Passengers flying on some of the UK's biggest airlines from six Middle Eastern countries will no longer be allowed to travel with electronic devices over a certain size. Following a similar ban in the US, the UK Department for Transport (DfT) has confirmed the restrictions will apply on airlines including British Airways and EasyJet on all inbound flights from Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt, Tunisia and Saudi Arabia.

WhatHaveIFound Wed 24-May-17 15:29:30

Flew back from Dubai last week and we were not affected. Laptop & cameras allowed on board as normal.

There's an interesting article about it here.

There's talk of it being extended to Europe to US flights but who knows whether it will happen. As far as I know the pilots are very much against it due to a danger of fire in the hold.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now