Talk

Advanced search

When is the best time to book to get the best deals

(8 Posts)
Ruby2202 Sun 14-May-17 19:13:05

We are looking at doing a special holiday in July 2018 for dh 40th birthday. Dcs will be 5.7 and 3.5 then. We are looking at
Mexico
Jamaica
Costa Rica
Barbados
Mauritius
Maldives

Jamaica is working out at £1200 pp all inclusive for a week. Is this about right?

Could we get it any cheaper if we didn't book so early? When is the best way to get the best prices? After Christmas?

Ruby2202 Sun 14-May-17 19:14:16

*best time to get the best prices?

bojorojo Tue 16-May-17 20:32:17

Caribbean is cheaper before Christmas. Christmas to March is always more expensive and high season. Christmas and New Year are very high season! Low season is May to Nov with price rises in our summer holidays. Beware hurricanes in the autumn. £1200 for Jamaica? Sounds very cheap to me!

Booking flights early is usually cheaper and I just would not think you can get much cheaper than this. Any of the other destinations are fine if you just want AI and a beach. If you want somewhere more interesting then Costa Rica is best and more interesting.

mummymeister Tue 16-May-17 20:39:14

the earlier you book the better its going to be - there really is no such thing as deals in school holidays now. I would get the flights booked as soon as they are released. have you researched the weather for your trip?

Ruby2202 Wed 17-May-17 00:01:36

Mummy-had a look at the weather and read its rainy season in many of those places. But it's hot only time can go.

Sorry it was £1200 per person for Mexico. Just over £6000 for two weeks all inclusive. So you don't reckon you d get cheaper waiting?

I am eager to book but dh needs to agree.

mummymeister Wed 17-May-17 09:18:32

I would post a question on here and also look at other replies about going to places in the rainy season. You can search on previous threads - I think that this might be a useful thing to do. there will be other hot places in the world that aren't in the rainy season and personally I would be picking one of those.

I don't think £6K for two weeks all inclusive in the school summer holidays for a family of 4 is excessive.

You definitely will not get cheaper by waiting. the only time holidays get cheaper are outside of peak times. so if you went in June then yes I would say wait but not in school hols. the prices only go one way then.

namechange20050 Wed 17-May-17 09:26:38

I've been to Costa Rica & Barbados in rainy season; it was fine. We had the odd massive downpour which is actually quite fun. I've also been to Mexico; with kids I would suggest the latter OP. CR is amazing but with little kids I think Mexico would be best plus the flight isn't as long. Am assuming you'd be looking at the Yucatan peninsula?

namechange20050 Wed 17-May-17 09:27:10

Sorry op I know that's not what you asked! Got carried away smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now