Talk

Advanced search

Flights to Orlando, Virgin, BA, Norwegian.

(12 Posts)
MsGameandWatch Wed 10-May-17 19:30:51

Was looking to book with Norwegian as seemingly very cheap but having looked at Sky Scanner I see that there are BA flights for £100 more and Virgin for £200 more.

Any reason I should pay the extra £100/200 over going with Norwegian?

Thanks smile

2014newme Thu 11-May-17 08:08:39

None! It's a short flight. Save the money
But check taxes, baggage costs, sear reservation costs etc to get full pricing info.

AttilaTheMeerkat Thu 11-May-17 08:57:34

Cheap though is not always cheerful.

Norwegian has a lower baggage allowance than the other two; 20kg as opposed to 23kg. That can make a bit of a difference as well re packing.

Like many low cost carriers they have a low starter fare but the associated costs soon mount up. Have a look at the websites for the other two carriers and see what is quoted fare wise.

dontcallmethatyoucunt Thu 11-May-17 11:04:44

I've just booked in schools to fly to Fort Lauderdale. Yep it's a 3 hour drive tonOrlqndo, but 4 x BA flights £1850.

Car hire is cheaper too from FL.

urbanrock Wed 17-May-17 23:04:01

I'm flying with Norwegian to NY this weekend and it's £25 to reserve seats and £25 for an inflight meal. With 5 of us and 2 flights that's an extra £500. Depends if you want the extras though.

AttilaTheMeerkat Thu 18-May-17 06:47:21

£25 for an inflight meal!. What a rip off!!. I sincerely hope you have not paid for that.

Paninotogo Thu 18-May-17 06:53:18

I have flown Norwegian and it is ok, but I would pay the extra and go with BA. Virgin was always my go to, but they have gone horrendously downhill over the last decade. Although have you looked at Airberlin? Or even Icelandair?

tatohead Thu 18-May-17 06:58:29

Orlando is experiencing loads of issues with delays on airside once you arrive- people are being kept in planes for hours. It might be better to look at flying into tampa in driving- people are reporting that that takes less time to get to Orlando than flying into Orlando!

urbanrock Mon 22-May-17 12:47:04

One thing I really liked with norwegian (and this may be the same with others). Couldn't check in online so got to airport ridiculously early expecting to queue for hours, but used a check in machine (no queue) and dropped baggage 5 hours before flight. Made it much easier than having to drag suitcases around for 2 hrs.

Be aware that border control takes HOURS! We were questioned, finger printed, retina scanned. 2 people processing 600 people. No toilets, drinks or seats while queueing.

WindwardCircle Mon 22-May-17 12:54:16

You could also look at flying to Atlanta and driving. We have family in Florida and fly to Washington DC and drive from there, it saves ££££s, but it's a bit of a hardcore drive and you lose two days off your holiday to it.

iseenodust Wed 24-May-17 20:59:44

I've only flown shorthaul with Norwegian but the service was good and there was more legroom than expected...catering for a Norwegian stature?

RedastheRose Wed 24-May-17 22:40:06

Virgin are best imho. Have flown with them and BA (never gone with Norwegian) but Virgin over BA any day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now